Hotel Room Attendants or Housekeepers are prominent members of the hospitality industry. They provide essential leverages for building the reputation of hotels. Room Attendants’ main responsibilities include: cleaning the lobbies, hallways, offices and rooms of hotels, motels, resorts, or any other lodging establishment; and responding to guests’ requests in the establishment’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of common tasks Room Attendants are required to complete.
- Cleaning the assigned guest rooms and other areas of the hotel:
- Sweeping, mopping, washing, waxing and polishing floors;
- dusting furniture and vacuuming carpeting and area rugs, draperies, and upholstered furniture;
- making beds, changing sheets, and distributing clean towels and toiletries in each room;
- attending to guests’ requests for extra supplies;
- stocking linen closets and supplies areas;
- cleaning, disinfecting and polishing kitchen (if any) and bathroom fixtures and appliances;
- cleaning and disinfecting public areas such as changing rooms, showers, and elevators;
- picking up debris and emptying trash containers;
- washing windows, walls and ceilings;
- performing deep cleaning tasks when necessary;
- maintaining proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment; and
- updating and recording all cleaned rooms.
- Performing guest turn down service when requested.
- Reporting and storing lost and found items in order to returning them to the guest in a timely manner.
- Providing basic information about the facilities to guests when asked.
- Responding to special or V.I.P. guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Supporting and assisting the laundry team:
- Delivering the guests’ laundry to the team and returning them after they’ve been cleaned.
- Following departmental policies and procedures and hotel’s service standards, as well as all safety and sanitation policies.
- Cleaning guest bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Vacuuming assigned rooms and corridors.
- Changing and replenishing bed linen, towels and guest amenities according to company guidelines.
- Undertaking regular deep cleaning tasks.
- Restocking and maintaining the supply cart.
- Signing master keys in and out.
The average Room Attendant salary is $26,009 per year or $13 per hour. This is around 0.8 times less than the Median wage of the country. Entry level positions start at $18,000 while most experienced workers make up to $36,000. These results are based on 429 salaries extracted from job descriptions.
- Office And Human Resources Administrator
- Director Of Business Development
- Partial Load Instructor / Contract Trainer
- Independent Contractor, Markham
- Job Coach
- Employment Counsellor
- Employment Consultant
- Business Coach
- Administrative Assistant