Salary Range As per instructional salary grid Temporary Market Stipend Incumbent Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
Casual- as assigned
Posting Status Open Special Instructions to Applicants
Job Duties / Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
Job Duties Job Duties
1. Provide program academic leadership and ensure an effective environment for students through the planning, preparation and delivery of curriculum.
2. Define and evaluate learning outcomes, develop appropriate teaching and learning strategies, and develop / select teaching resources.
3. Maintain ongoing working and consultative relationships with the appropriate staff in the field of law enforcement to facilitate and ensure potential recruitment opportunities to students.
4. Develop evaluation tools, facilitate practical skill evaluations and evaluate and record student progress.
5. Ensure an effective environment for students through the design and revision of program learning materials.
6. Manage the learning environment and provide advice to students.
7. Participate in meetings, committee work, and aboriginal cultural events, etc. as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE Specific Accountabilities Duties Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. University degree or related education in the field of criminal justice.
2. Minimum of five years recent and relevant experience in the field of law enforcement.
3. Two years experience in development and delivery of adult education and training in the field of law enforcement. Working knowledge of and ability to apply basic principles and practices of adult education within various delivery systems and to develop curriculum materials utilizing appropriate training design and instructional techniques.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of the philosophy of policing from both an historical and current perspective.
5. Working knowledge of current trends and research in the field of law enforcement.
6. Demonstrated problem solving and strong decision making and strategic planning skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written) and the ability to work with people from equity groups.
8. Able to obtain full satisfactory security clearance.
9. Computer skills including competence with Microsoft Office.
10. Experience working in Aboriginal communities.
11. Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Desired QSA Required Competencies