Our software engineers develop next generation technologies that enable the creation of media entertainment that you enjoy at home or on the go. Our software plays a significant role in producing and delivering your favourite sports, shows and movies. Anything you watch on TV or stream online, there's a good chance Evertz software is behind the scenes making it happen.
When you join our team, you will immediately begin developing software that ships. While doing so, you will apply your academic and professional backgrounds to interesting and challenging problems. Your software will be used by skilled media professionals in critical media operations around the world. This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting industry that is undergoing rapid technological advancement.
Our employment philosophy is simple. Hire extremely talented people, give them opportunities to make a positive impact and nurture their need for challenge and growth.
Our work philosophy is simple, too. We emphasize teamwork, promote creativity and enjoy being at the leading edge of high-tech in our industry. We offer excellent compensation and generous benefits along with a team of intelligent professionals that will help you succeed.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Review code written by other team members
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Develop mission-critical software systems that interface with humans, machines and other software
- Coach junior developers
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Be results oriented, self-motivated, and a team player
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals (logic & discrete mathematics, algorithms, data structures)
- Structured, object-oriented design and programming
- 5 years of software development experience
- 3 years of Python experience
- Linux tools and services (e.g. bash, grep, tcpdump, etc)
- Computer networking and network programming
- Databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Version control systems (e.g. git, svn)
- Virtualization technology (e.g. Docker, VMware, VirtualBox, KVM)
What we offer:
- Employer funded benefits program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Employee Assistance plan
- Employee Discount Platform
- Career progression
- Casual work environment
- Social events and sports teams
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Powered by JazzHR