Here's how we work:
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology and the Corporate IT Manager, the Information Security Specialist will be responsible for the development, communication and enforcement of information security policies and procedures; providing strategic planning and guidance; and ensuring compliance with the design and implementation of secure environments. The successful candidate will develop best practices to avoid security breaches and other security issues, and coordinate the management of security incidents when they occur. In an advisory role, you will provide strategic guidance in selection and implementation of information security systems, processes and procedures; assess strengths and weaknesses in new and ongoing project architectures; write security requirements for RFPs and evaluate the security of new business goal enabling technologies. You will also provide IBI Staff with ongoing awareness on information security.
****Please note this role can be located out of our Toronto office at Yonge and St Clair OR our Markham office.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Monitor and respond to incidents, taking action as required.
- Assesses current risk and identifies weaknesses.
- Ability to conduct in-depth forensic analytical studies and investigations.
- Recommends policy, procedural and control changes to correct deficiencies and mitigate risk due to information corruption and loss in both on premises and cloud environments.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of information security systems, including developing methods and techniques to assess their effectiveness.
- Ensures that users of information services and owners of information assets are provided with effective information security awareness, education and direction.
- Responsible for identifying training requirements and developing educational programs, as required.
- Recommends and leads the design, development and implementation of new policies, standards and procedures in collaboration with key stakeholders and internal service providers.
- Provides leadership to security compliance staff, projects and committees.
- Leads the specification and procurement of hardware, software and services in support IBI’s security needs for presentation to the Director of IT.
You'll need to have:
- 2 to 4 years of related experience in implementation of cyber and IT security procedures.
- 2 years of expereince with Microsoft 365 and Office 365 Enterprise Mobility and Security E5 components, including ATP2, CloudApp, Azure AD Identity Protection.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in Computer Science or Business Administration with a specialization in systems.
- CISSP, Certified Information Systems Security Professional or a GISP, GIAC Information Security Professional designation is strongly recommended.
This office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 5 floors, with over 650 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
- Furnished patios on different floors to eat lunch, to have meetings and team BBQs
- Charity Golf tournament in the summer
- Softball team
- Running group
- Curling Funspiel
- Ski/Snowboard Day
- Health and Wellness competitions
- Lunch room with ping pong tables and foosball table
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #IBI