The Challenge? Help support our Transit and Rail clients and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.This role will form part of the project delivery leadership team for a large Transit / Rail project.
The role will oversee and manage the identification, development and integration of the technical and program interface deliverables across the multiple disciplines and work packages required to deliver the our clients and external inter-
dependent projects. The role will call on experience and expertise gained from working within complex, multi-discipline rail design and construction projects and environments.
Experience in Integration and Systems Engineering and / or Systems Assurance roles for modern metro rail systems will be highly regarded.
The ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and to manage and communicate project implications of complex technical issues will be fundamental for success in this role.
The incumbent is responsible for supporting the delivery of multiple multidisciplinary complex infrastructure related projects involving road, railroad, track system, transit station buildings and bus terminals, parking garages, bridges and other transit related projects.
and understands industry practices and competitors.
and is familiar with most of the technologies and delivery methods and models such as DB, and Alternative Financing and Procurement.
This position requires excellent communication to support delivery of the project and interacts with multiple departments and business groups.
The minimum qualifications for this position are : Essential Duties & Responsibilities : 1. Lead the integration of the technical and program interface and system integration deliverables.
2. Lead the activities of our clients Integration Team, including the activities of support functions, to co-ordinate, facilitate and consolidate the work for the integrated Transit / Rail project teams with the work of other major network projects sufficient to meet the requirements of the Safety Accreditation processes for our clients Project.
3. Establishment and implementation of clear management plans and approaches to support the adoption of Systems Engineering practices and controls across all of our clients Work Projects.
4. Work with representatives of the various rail operators and other stakeholder to manage the identification, development, documentation and reporting of the technical and program interface deliverables across multiple disciplines.
5. Represent our client in discussions with key stakeholders including CN, CP Rail and Via Rail relating to the interface requirements and translate these into requirements into interface for the design of the signalling, train control, stations, tunnel and associated support systems.
6. Foster and drive an integrated approach to the design, construction and commissioning planning across the various Transit / Rail project teams and external inter-dependent projects.
7. Manage and provide leadership direction to project staff and considered advice to the our clients Management Team on key risks and issues facing the Rail Systems, Tunnel & Stations, Rail Infrastructure Work Packages and other interface projects.
8. Provide specialist support with the further development of interface management and systems integration management plans.
9. Provide specialist advice and support to Project Managers resolving assessing and resolving external project interfaces.
10. Ensures the management of safety is paramount and implements sector best practice processes and procedures.
11. Build strong relationships and competently communicate and negotiate with the stakeholders, including project team members, contractors and consultants to ensure work is prioritised and delivered on time and to appropriate quality standards, government and community requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience : Job Specifications : 1. Extensive experience and achievement managing interfaces of rail systems components (Signalling, rolling stock, communications, traction power, track, civil works and OHLE) of major metro system and / or brownfield rail construction projects within operating rail environments.
2. Demonstrated ability achieving an integrated approach to systems design and / or construction in the delivery of projects.
3. Demonstrated significant system integration achievement in the delivery of brownfield CBTC and / or ERTMS rail projects.
4. Demonstrated significant system integration achievement in the delivery of rail, station and safety control systems in a tunnel environment.
5. Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record in effectively managing complex and highly sensitive negotiations with multiple stakeholders, often with competing priorities.
6. Highly developed written communication and computer literacy skills to compile and develop professional, technical and quality documentation of a complex nature.
7. Proven project management experience responsible for an integrated multi-disciplinary teams, consultants and contractors to achieve corporate goals and project objectives.
8. Proven ability to exercise excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to pre-empt and mitigate project risks.
9. Extensive knowledge and experience developing and maintaining an Active Safety culture.
10. The ability to demonstrate leadership and management of a complex infrastructure project.
11. Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work productively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and provide professional guidance, to influence multi-
disciplinary teams and to be an effective team player.
Education, Experience, & Certifications : Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering.
Minimum 12 to 15 years of experience is required.
Professional Engineer License (P.Eng.) is required.
PMP or equivalent is required.
Experience with DB or AFP contracts is an advantage.
Minimum 5 years (10 years preferred) of proven project management in the field of transportation engineering is required.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements : Working from Jacobs Engineering and client offices as required.CH2M is now Jacobs, join us and love what you do.
Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across Canada.
See the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer