The Fort St John Association for Community Living (FSJACL) is a non-profit agency which has been providing quality supports to adults with developmental disabilities in the Fort St John and District since 1960. The FSJACL is an accredited agency with a trained, caring and trusted professional team of over 50 employees who provide quality services and opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. The FSJACL works collaboratively with community partners to achieve our vision of inclusion for all.
Inclusion and Employment Program Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Inclusion and Employment Program Manager oversees the day to day operation of these programs offered by the FSJACL. We operate distinct programs to for our clients, including education, independent living facilities, homecare and shared housing opportunities.
- Lead the recruitment and development of service providers for our clients.
- Mentor supervisors by helping with planning and service delivery ideas.
- Strive to maintain an awareness of best practices in the community living sector.
- Develop and oversee programs to meet the needs of our clients.
- Chair and facilitate meeting to bring awareness of our services to ensure we lead the delivery of client centric services.
- Represent the Association at community events. Understanding the role as a liaison person, and representative between the services, parents/families/caregivers, and the community.
Develop and maintain relationships with each individual and their families based on mutual respect, trust, and celebration of each person’s gifts, talents and unique contributions.
- Ensure effective communication with staff and families/caregivers.
- Maintain an effective relationship with government officials and community groups. Maintains liaison with other community organizations to coordinate provision of services, exchange program information, or provide instruction on the operation and use of the assigned services.
- Be available to perform the duties of the Support Worker and Vocational Counsellor needed on an on-call basis for emergency situations.
Reporting, Financial Management and Budgets
- Complete all necessary reporting to funders, government programs, etc.
- Supervise expenditures within the existing budget allowance and makes budget recommendations (according to the Internal Control Guidelines).
- Ensure accurate reports and individual records are maintained and that confidentiality is a priority. Ensure that all pertinent and required documentation is complete.
The Fun Stuff
- Participate in our fun community events.
- Meet clients and their families to see the difference our Association makes in their lives.
The ideal candidate will have proven supervisory ability, demonstrated abilities to connect with many personalities and a passion about our organization’s vision. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and sustain strong working relationships.
- Post-Secondary education in a social service-related field, and program administration; or related experience in social services program management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in program management and social services.
- Working knowledge of Federal and BC government systems and business administration, licensing, and health regulations and framework.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance & reliable transportation.
- Clearance of Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Knowledge and experience in the Community Living sector is an asset.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires creative problem solving, innovative thinking and proactive resolution. Your inclusive style ensures you operate ethically with the utmost integrity and fairness while seeking only excellence as a leader.
A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive benefit package.
Interested candidates can upload their cover letter, including salary expectation, along with a resume in a single word or PDF file, by no later than June 25, 2021
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in working with the Association.
Powered by JazzHR