dry / damp / wet mopping floors; vacuuming carpeted floors and furniture, and removing curtains for washing and re-hanging.
2. Operate floor care equipment such as auto-scrubber, buffer, burnisher to scrub / buff and strip / wax floors.
3. Clean isolation rooms following standard precautions and infection control procedures
4. Removes garbage / recycling / organics to outside bin
5. Participates in the orientation of staff by educating on the cleaning duties with appropriate training and demonstration of products, ensuring employees understand use and application of cleaning chemicals.
6. Maintains inventory control, ensures all cleaning areas have appropriate cleaning products for use. Keeps inventory in order on individual carts.
Maintains appropriate inventory controls by seeking the replenishments of products in appropriate notice periods to the designated manager.
7. Monitors and ensure appropriate care for equipment, supplies and work areas throughout the facility, reporting defective or damaged equipment and furnishings. Monitors work
7. Reports significant changes or uncommon resident / tenant behaviour or concerns to nursing staff / on call log.
8. Participates in facility committees and quality improvement initiatives.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
areas in the facility are kept in an orderly, safe and clean condition. Report unsafe areas
immediately to the Support Service Manager or maintenance department.
8. Performs routine and as needed audits, assists to establish actions to address
9. Ensures housekeeping and laundry staff are following the recommended and
appropriate Infection Control practices. Ensures staff are following WHMIS guidelines
and that MSDS sheets are kept current and available to staff.
10. May perform or ensure performance by others for, routine and special duties involved in
providing laundry services to the residents and tenants of the facility up to and including :
processes linens, drapes, personal resident clothing that will include collection and
redistribution to appropriate locations; washes, dries, sorts, folds, hang items; and stock
cupboards with clean linens as per quotas.
11. Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to dignified living, by creating an
environment which maintains the happiness, self-respect, general dignity and physical
safety of each resident and tenant.
12. Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among staff,
residents, tenants, and the public.
13. Participates in meetings and educational in-services.
14. Participates in facility committees and quality improvement initiatives.
15. Perform other duties as required. Qualifications 1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
2. One to two years’ experience in housekeeping, preferable in a leadership role
3. Knowledge of floor care procedures and experience operating floor care equipment
4. Building Service Worker Certificate or equivalent training preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
1. Complies with Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and
Safety Act, WHMIS regulations; completes and records audits as assigned
2. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively both verbally
and in writing in the English language
3. Ability to deal with other effectively, work with a team, work with frequent interruptions and
follow through completely with all tasks and responsibilities
4. Ability to organize work and operate related equipment
5. Ability to perform a significant amount of lifting, walking, bending, stooping and stretching to
carry out job duties, cleaning tasks and operate equipment on a daily basis