Land Development Engineer
Location: Owen Sound, Ontario
GM BluePlan Engineering is a dynamic consulting firm providing niche skills in land development, municipal infrastructure renewal, and environmental engineering. Built on robust municipal, environmental, land development and structural engineering services, our team of professionals throughout Ontario has a strong legacy of providing sound technical advice and innovative solutions for our private and public sector clients.
The successful candidate, under the direction of a senior engineer, will be responsible for the preparation of engineering analysis and design, approvals applications and contract specifications for a variety of land development and municipal infrastructure projects.
- Manage a wide range of projects from small to large (commercial, residential, industrial)
- Must have general knowledge of provincial and local development and permitting processes
- Develop and enhance client relationships and earn repeat business
- Utilize and demonstrate business acumen
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Review and ensure quality designs are submitted to the clients
- Monitor progress and project status
- Manage budgets
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc. and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven 5+ years of working experience in civil engineering, preferably in land development
- Project management and supervision skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Current Professional Engineer License is desired.
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineer License within two years of employment date if currently not licensed
- Subdivision design experience
- Possess strong organizational, oral, written communication, and problem-solving skills; have an approachable enthusiastic interpersonal style;
- Possess a valid driver's licence.
We are committed to providing:
- A dynamic work environment which encourages teamwork, initiative and creativity;
- Career development and education opportunities;
- A competitive compensation package, including a benefit package and RRSP program;
- Extra-curricular social activities (hockey, golf and many more social events).
Join our Team!
Candidates who are interested in joining our dynamic team are invited to press the apply button and follow the process to submit their resume.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GM BluePlan Engineering will accommodate candidates under the AODA legislation in all aspects of the hiring process. Please notify us if accommodation is required.