Chew, a Ralmax Group of Companies has an exciting and immediate opening for a full-time Labourer in Victoria, BC. We offer competitive wages and benefits package, professional development and a dynamic company culture.
Under general supervision performs unskilled and semi-skilled labourer work in the civil construction, utilities and performs related duties as required. The successful candidate will be able and willing to receive on-the-job training to gain greater knowledge of the industry.
The Labourer is responsible for, although not limited to:
- Shoveling, raking, and compacting with jumping jack and/or plate compactor.
- Saw cutting asphalt and concrete with cut-off saw
- Assist with forming, placing and finishing concrete.
- Assist with placing and compacting cold and hot mix asphalt.
- You will be required to operate hand and power tools.
- Must be willing to learn various types of equipment and machinery.
- Adhering to prescribed safety procedures.
General duties by function:
- Perform moderately heavy physical labor under all types of outdoor weather conditions.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Learn and follow safety rules.
- Strong work ethic and the willingness to show up and learn is required;
- Some industrial/construction experience is preferred;
- Valid class 5 BC drivers' licence;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada;
- Physically fit; able to bend, crouch, lift, kneel, reach and capable of lifting/carrying up to 50lbs;
- Ability to work well with others/independently;
- Reliable and positive team attitude.