AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada. Our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
AGAT Laboratories is currently hiring for Sample Receipt Technicians to join our Environmental logistics team. These positions are for Seasonal contracts where candidates should be available to start as soon as possible for up to 6 months, working out of the Calgary location. In this role the successful candidate will be providing administrative tasks and support with basic logistics activities. This is a great opportunity for someone starting out where they will gain valuable experience and direction from the Logistics Supervisor and team.
- Ensure samples are properly entered in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and are available to laboratory staff in a timely manner.
- Ensure all sample integrity issues are properly documented and reported.
- Ensure incoming non-sample deliveries are properly processed.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed.
- Responsible to maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, candidates with post-secondary education in science would be an asset.
- Previous customer service work experience or experience in a Lab setting would be an asset.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS office along with experience using LIMS is an asset.
- Excellent English communications skills – reading, writing and speaking.
- Well organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Powered by JazzHR