1. Participate in the design, development and maintenance of Renewable Generation (RG) Training governance and associated training materials and documentation utilizing various software system applications and tools.
Work with internal departments and other divisions, customer groups and stakeholder representatives, relative to governance and training materials design and integration.
Provide consulting, planning and support services to business units and functions to enable the redesign and improvement of processes and related documentation.
Utilize liaison / negotiation skills in this area to resolve discrepancies and overlaps between separate business units or customer demands.
2. Carry out requirements related to the development, implementation, guidance and direction in the specified areas of governance and training materials for RG Training.
Initiate documentation changes / updates as part of the required reviews of existing or new processes and procedures. Produce this documentation in its final format, utilizing existing computer programs, templates, and electronic editing.
3. Maintain functional relationships with divisional staff to coordinate document reviews and to ensure that documentation is updated to meet the needs of OPG and internal stakeholders.
Interact with internal stakeholders and document contributors to develop the governance or training document by determining the scope of the document, structure, type of document required, content, format and deadline requirements, pertinent to the business needs.
4. Lead critical reviews and audits of business processes and the training governance or documentation. Initiate reviews and reports, and evaluate proposals to improve governance or training materials and their integration.
Prepare reports and presentations for appropriate line management, identifying priority areas for governance or training materials design and integration.
Work to resolve issues which have been identified relative to RG Training integration and improvement. Work with various business stakeholders to ensure that all appropriate control points are in place.
5. Ensure that all governance and documentation has been approved by the appropriate business stakeholders and that the documentation is consistent with the divisional strategy and across functions.
Perform updates to procedures, governance and other documents ensuring correctness of document number, revision and title per established document change control procedures.
6. Manage deadlines and priorities associated with document development and support the integrity and timeliness of these processes.
Balance ongoing projects at differing stages of development.
7. Some travel to other OPG locations within Ontario may be required. Approx. 10% Travel.
Education : Requires knowledge of the principles of business methods, business processes, procedure development, organizational structure, and change management theories to ensure effective and efficient program implementation.
Requires knowledge of English, both in oral and written form, to effectively prepare concise, clearly understandable reviews, presentations, correspondence, process descriptions, procedures, guides and reports, and to communicate effectively with others.
A four year university education in the appropriate fields such Technical Writing, Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
Skills : Requires a high degree of skill with using the full suite of MS Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio and MS SharePoint.
Experience with Ventyx Asset Suite 7 preferred.
Experience : 5 + years of Technical Writing and procedure / process development.
Qualifications : Familiarity with equipment and processes found in a hydro generating station or similar heavy industry would be preferred.
Strong organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision is required.