Who we are
With nine wholesale branches and three luxury showrooms located throughout southwestern Ontario, Marks Supply is a leading supplier for top-quality Plumbing , P.V.F. , Hydronics and HVAC products. Our success is directly linked to our conviction to provide exceptional customer service; to nurture a highly educated, knowledgeable team of employees; and to embrace new, innovative technology. Recently acquired by Munch’s Supply, a leading U.S.-based HVAC and Plumbing Distributor, we are uniquely positioned to grow exponentially.
What makes us different from other wholesale distributors is our people, and the deep commitment they have to sharing the very best product knowledge to guide customer decisions and demonstrate our value. Through ongoing training, a generous education policy, and our Product Pro Program, we set our teams up for success knowing they are the foundation our success relies on. Joining us now is a chance to be a critical part in the next phase of our growth and the confidence to know we will take you on that journey with us.
Who we need
This is an opportunity to own and drive business in the Niagara Falls area, working with existing and new customers. As a Sales Representative on the Outside Sales team, you will spend your days on the phone and on the road, gaining insights, into the wholesale HVAC/Plumbing or mechanical needs in your territory. You will actively pursue opportunities and earn an uncapped commission as you meet and exceed your quotas, working in collaboration with our Inside Sales team.
What’s in it for you
A collaborative team with a customer-focus. We work closely together, sharing responsibilities, supporting each other every day. You will feel welcomed as part of a place that feels like a home away from home. We prioritize customers and are taking the wholesale experience to the next level, rapidly responding to their requests for accurate, competitive quotations and product information.
Professional development. You will be mentored and trained on our products, sales process, our customer service standards, and how to interpret and respond to requests from prospects. You will gain exposure to preparing quotations and orders. With access to unlimited learning opportunities, you will have the chance to grow into a Sales or Quotations role and beyond.
What you will do:
- Learn. You will participate in initial and ongoing training and coaching to build your product and industry knowledge.
- Plan. You will prioritize prospects with high potential, and reach out via phone, or email. You will schedule visits, find prices, products, and opportunities to meet with customers and secure new business.
- Respond. You will complete customer quotes as soon as possible, maintaining open lines of communication, and keeping them up to date on requested orders, company changes, vendors, new products and specials, promotions and counter days. You will assist and resolve any concerns, questions, or issues they are experiencing.
- Analyze. You will input and maintain accurate call information on weekly, monthly, and quarterly call sheets and reports. You will compare orders to sales month-over-month; and year-over-year.
- Solve. You will determine potential actions to resolve any decrease in orders, collaborating with your supervisor, inside sales, and other teams. You will review the Accounts Receivable sheet for past due invoices and work with customers to resolve issues and obtain payment.
- Process. You will maintain and submit call sheets, expense reports, and other relevant documentation in a timely manner.
What you bring:
- The experience. You have 2+ years proven success in commission-based sales or customer service or in the HVAC or mechanical trade. You have a history of meeting and exceeding your goals and objectives in an autonomous role.
- The motivation. You want to learn the sales and the business side of wholesale HVAC distribution. e. You can balance and prioritize competing tasks. You are comfortable learning and using technology, including our internal systems.
- The interpersonal skills. You are extremely comfortable taking in-coming and making outgoing telephone calls and traveling to customer sites. You are deeply committed to customer service, can build and maintain relationships with customers, vendors, and internal teams. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The flexibility. You can work evenings and Saturdays on occasion.
Need more reasons to join?
Marks Supply is a place where respect for the person, the work, and opinions are paramount. With executive leaders onsite weekly, this is a place that retains and actively nurtures a small company feel while drawing on the benefits and support of a larger organization. Our culture is built around supporting a better life for our employees. We have a roster of people who have been with us for over 15 years and a welcoming environment and room to grow for new team members.
- We appreciate you. We are committed to the growth and development of our employees in both their professional and personal lives through our Build a Better Life (BABL) program. We offer tools and resources including comprehensive health benefits for you and your family; Employee and Family Assistance Program; financial planning and saving resources; educational reimbursement and more.
- We foster a casual atmosphere and a distinct lack of bureaucracy. Our uniqueness is access to decision makers, an openness for ideas, and the confidence that you aren’t a number, you are a name. We pride ourselves on a place where people can bring their whole self to work and we train our managers on how to adapt to an individual’s learning and feedback style. We empower our employees to make decisions, to learn from their mistakes, and to reach further in their career with us.
- We care. There’s just no other way to put this. No bells, no whistles needed. At Marks Supply, taking care of our people and giving back to our community is a priority. From the annual John Todd Invitational Golf Tournament that has contributed more than $117,000 to the Canadian Cancer Society and KidsAbility to the We Care/We Share award that splits donations between an employee cause and a client cause.
- We have fun. In fact, we have a whole team dedicated to planning it. When in-person gatherings are allowed, we host skating nights, family BBQs, annual branch dinners, an in-house baseball team; a party to celebrate long term employees. Every month we publish our Coming Down the Pipeline employee newsletter with recipes, songs, and more shared by the people who make up our teams.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and want to be part of success, we encourage you to express your interest. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Apply now.
Marks Supply welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Powered by JazzHR