We are looking for a Woodland Operations Supervisor.
Reporting to the Ear Falls Woodlands Superintendent, duties will include planning and supervision of road construction, road maintenance, harvesting, and log hauling operations.
- Daily Supervision of forest operations, including road building/maintenance, harvesting and log hauling to meet the needs of the Ear Falls sawmill and external mill customers.
- Monitoring on safety, environment and product quality.
- Prepare allocated cut blocks for harvest (road and boundary layout, prework approval, mapping) and schedule work with respective contractors.
- Monitor and report costs and production weekly of respective operations.
- Conduct safety and environment audits on contractors.
- Other related tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and rigour in the delivery of assignments.
- Adaptable and able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, decision-making skills and results oriented.
- Have a recognized University Degree or College Diploma in forestry or business, or equivalent experience.
- Have acquired a minimum of two years of field experience in harvest operations.
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, ArcView GIS (or equivalent) and GPS technology.
- Must be able to work for extended periods of time outdoors, in a forested environment, in various weather and field conditions.
- Valid Driver’s license.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.