The Clerk 1 will work in any number of positions including, but not limited to, chart assembly, chart preparation, records reconciliation, chart / clinic retrievals, clinic cart builds, sorting / filing of late / loose reports, mail room duties, managing requests for study / research charts.
This position is accountable to assess the health record for accuracy and completeness according to departmental policies and procedures
Working Conditions :
This position requires bending, standing, walking, pushing / pulling of heavy carts, sitting for long periods of time, long periods of concentration.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday Shift Work
1. Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Equivalent.
2. Typing Speed of 35 wpm required and proved on testing.
3. Medical Terminology Certificate 1-required, 1&2 preferred. Knowledge and ability must be demonstrated via Medical Terminology testing.
4. Previous Health Records experience, including knowledge of the electronic health record environment preferred (eg. terminal digit filing systems, document storage / retrieval methods)
5. Experience with PC, Microsoft office suite of applications, and other computer applications relevant to Health Records (Meditech / MosaiQ / Sovera for HIM) preferred.
Knowledge and ability must be demonstrated via Computer Skills testing.
6. Excellent Customer Service Skills.
7. Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-
521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process.
If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note : the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset