This position is covered under the single site order.
SUMMARY OF POSITION :
Reporting to the Business Service Manager and / or designate Housekeeper, performs general cleaning duties in the facility, including the cleaning of residents’ / tenants’ rooms / suites, bathrooms, staff rooms, offices, lounges, dining rooms, corridors, and other areas as designated.
Responsible for evening janitorial duties and responding to tenant emergencies as required.
Include but not limited to :
garbage removal; terminal cleaning of rooms / suites.
2. Removes all garbage & recycling from assigned areas and place in appropriate container for off-site disposal.
3. Cleans and sanitizes public washrooms as required. Cleans all common / public areas as assigned.
4. Follows prescribed cleaning techniques, proper use and handling of chemicals, appropriate use of gloves and properly wash hands to prevent the spread of infection.
understands the use and application of cleaning chemicals.
6. Picks up tenant emergency call phone when Home Support Worker leaves the building and carries it for the duration of the shift and returns it to charger at the end of the shift.
7. Responds to tenant calls on the emergency phone by going to the suite and addressing the concern. DOES NOT provide first aid.
Calls 911 for ambulance or calls the family as per tenant request. Stays with the tenant as necessary until help arrives.
Reports all calls in Log Book.
8. Reports significant changes or uncommon resident / tenant behaviour or concerns to nursing staff / on call log.
9. Participates in facility committees and quality improvement initiatives.
10. Perform other duties as required.
1. Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. WHMIS Certificate an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
1. Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English.
2. Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
3. Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality services to residents / tenants.
4. Ability to operate related equipment.
5. Must be in good health and, physically able to perform tasks related to the position.
6. Must be free of allergies or conditions, which may be aggravated by working with cleaners, detergents and equipment.