The members of the Inland Group of Companies (Inland Technologies, IDS and Quantem Aviation Services) are highly experienced in environmental management, aircraft de-icing, ground handling and pretty much any other aviation support service you can think of. We operate at over 50 airports in four countries. Inland Technologies core business is the delivery of airport environmental compliance programs. We are continuously innovating the technologies we use to provide our range of services including, spent aircraft de-icing fluid collection and recycling, wastewater management, and aircraft de-icing fluid manufacturing for reuse.
Our business is built on a foundation of excellence in customer service, innovation and continuous improvement and safety is at the forefront of everything we do. We provide a workplace where respect, integrity and a high degree of ethical behaviour is a minimum expectation. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at: www.inlandgroup.ca
We are currently providing an opportunity for a well-rounded safety focused individual to join our team in the position of Industrial Mechanic at our Brookside Manufacturing Facility.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about safety, doesn’t shy away from a challenge and is comfortable working in an environment where the noise level can be excessive at times.
About the Position:
Aside from the excitement of working in a busy manufacturing facility, the essential duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform equipment builds and repairs using a variety of hand and power tools, cranes/lifts, while following all safety procedures and regulations;
- Assemble/test specially designed equipment for recovering and processing de-icing fluids to ensure proper working condition;
- Interprets construction drawings (blueprints and general layouts);
- Set hydraulic pressures, flows, and other system adjustments to ensure assembled equipment meets specifications;
- Work with many different parts and materials (Steel, fasteners, rubber, wood, etc.) to be installed following proper procedures, to ensure proper operation, quality and fitment;
- Disassemble and rebuild component assemblies, including troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing malfunctions and restoring to proper working order;
- Perform/complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by management request;
- Promoting and adhering to our safety and respectful workplace policy;
- Follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR UNSAFE ACTS!
- Previous experience with heavy equipment diagnostics, repair, maintenance or assembly;
- 3rd year registered apprentice or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Red Seal/Journey Person or Diploma in “Heavy Duty Equipment/ truck & Transport Repair” considered an asset;
- The ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair systems such as hydraulics, powertrains and electrical and electronic systems used in heavy duty equipment and truck and transport vehicles;
- Willingness to be trained on other duties and positions within the fabrication facility;
- Ability to follow drawings, schematics, procedures, to make and or assemble sub-assemblies, along with kits for electrical, and hydraulic systems without damage to pre-painted parts for a final product that passes Inland’s Quality and Operational standards;
- Read, write, speak and communicate effectively;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Must possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, with an ability to motivate and work in a team environment;
- Willing to learn new skills and adapt to change in order to support the growth of the company and meet needs of customers.
At Inland, we offer the following benefits, some of which are subject to eligibility:
- A rewarding and safe work environment (company provided PPE);
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching;
- Growth and advancement opportunities for high potential employees;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Access to group rates and discounts.
If you are a self-starter who is committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction and your experience and ability meet with the above minimum requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume to the Inland HR Team, quoting posting number 21-09. Full job description available upon request.
Please apply online.
Inland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR