Reporting to the General Manager and / or designate the Home Support Worker performs routine functions within the multitasking model providing personalized assistance to tenants.
Duties are performed in accordance with established regulations which include providing personal care, light housekeeping, assistance with laundry and food preparation & service as planned for the tenant.
Responsibilities 1. Provides personalized assistance to tenants, ensuring that activities of daily living needs are met (e.
g. safe mobility, assistance with personal hygiene, bathing, dressing, grooming, eating and delivering medications) as reflected in the Personal Service Plan for that tenant.
2. Observes and reports to the Support Services Manager any changes in tenants’ functional and cognitive behaviour.
3. Encourages (and assists where appropriate) tenants to participate in social, physical, spiritual and recreational activities.
4. Participates in meal service including but not limited to delivering meals, drink orders and delivering room trays when indicated.
5. Maintains a clean and safe environment for tenants and staff, participating in weekly room maintenance and assisting with laundry.
6. Ensures care equipment and supplies are stored safely and efficiently. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment immediately.
7. Ensures tenant rights are maintained and respected at all times.
8. Acting as emergency 24hr responder as required. Reports same to Designated Care Team Manager.
9. Actively participates in facility programs, meetings, committees and educational in-services.
10. Performs other related duties as required. Qualifications 1. Graduate from a recognized Care Aide Program.
2. Previous experience in Home Support preferred.
3. Food Safe Level 1 Certificate.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
1. Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
2. Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible resident focused environment.
3. Must be in good health, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties of the position.