Walmart Canada operates a chain of more than 400 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada's flagship online store, is visited by 750,000 customers daily.
With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada's largest employers and is ranked one of the country's top 10 most influential brands.
Walmart Canada's extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart Canada has raised and donated more than $400 million to Canadian charities.
Additional information can be found at , and .
The Walmart Media Group (WMG) is a relatively new business unit within Walmart Canada that sits at the intersection of shopping and advertising.
It offers brands sophisticated advertising solutions across a network of over 1.8 million online shoppers per day, with the goal of helping customers discover the brands and products available at Walmart that are right for them.
The Manager, WMG Insights will support Walmart Canada’s strategic plan by providing high impact research and analytics to inform and drive the WMG strategy, tactics / planning and selling.
This incumbent would be a strategic partner to key CPG clients to identify areas of optimization and growth, to build out plans and evolve plans based on performance insights.
This role would serve as a subject matter expert for all analytics and reporting requirements for the WMG platform and work closely with the Consumer Insights, Digital Marketing, and Walmart.
ca analytics teams to ensure measurement plans are in place for tracking on Walmart-owned digital and mobile properties as well as on external networks.
This role will also be responsible for creating and maintaining dashboards that measure performance, developing comprehensive data segments through Walmart’s proprietary media tools, and support in developing the data’ story around the new media proposition.
This will enable the incumbent to provide analytic direction on strategic clients, helping guide merchant and WMG solutions teams to improve vendors marketing and advertising program.
The manager will also provide recommendations for prioritization balancing short term and long term objectives. The role is also responsible for continuous and ad-hoc reporting of business performance / market share, as well as strategic analysis of opportunities and threats.
1. Lead the measurement road map (build, train, stand up) for the WMG business, putting into place a 1 2 year plan to build, learn and iterate.
2. Develop sophisticated marketing segments for advertising campaigns, leveraging internal and 3rd party data.
3. Actively champion the development of new advertising measurement solutions that will enable Walmart to continue to provide a differentiated offering to brand advertisers.
Quickly understand multiple data sources and develop methodology for joining data that will add value.
4. Build and execute test & learn opportunities with strategic vendors for new ad products prior to launch.
5. Lead in the implementation of reporting, analytics tools, and processes (i.e. data capture and ingestion). Also support product management team in technology implementations.
6. Work closely with the Walmart internal and external insights and analytics teams to ensure measurement plans are in place to track both the effectiveness and efficiency of advertising campaigns on the website and mobile app.
7. Build, analyze, and deliver reports / dashboards and analysis that measure performance to internal teams and external partners, leveraging internal and third-party tools (eg. Tableau).
8. Provide thought leadership and guidance in the development of client-facing presentations and results read-outs. Create case studies by evaluating individual campaign performance on an on-going basis and showcase effectiveness of advertising campaigns
9. Lead training and support for Walmart Media Group with analytics / reporting related. Also lead in developing and continuously improving processes, methodology, documentation and best practices for Walmart Media Group initiatives.
Canada Walmart Division
Minimum Education Required : Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience Required : 6+ years
Licensing & Other Qualifications
Strong project manager that can execute and prioritize an array of requests. Positive attitude and strongly motivated to employ insights and results to actively move a business forward.
Ability to work independently and learn on the fly. Able to work successfully under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
Able to shift priorities in a fast-changing environment. Superb attention to detail.
Motivated by Challenge and Impact
General Knowledge areas : Strong understanding of digital channels, retail, and media planning preferred. Analytics experience related to market share, A / B testing, category management, sales / profitability, modelling etc. beneficial.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.