Founded in 2018 by three Vancouverites, Vessi is a direct-to-consumer footwear startup whose mission is to create products that move you forward, get you out there and let you live YOUR best life.
It started with the question of whether a shoe can do it all. And through innovation, a little ingenuity and thousands of kms clocked, Vessi was born - giving us an everyday, anywhere kind of sneaker that you can wear in any weather.
We’ve become a team of #puddlehunters who love to innovate and rethink what a shoe could be, and we make sure we have a ton of fun doing just that.
We’ve got BIG plans for our future and as we continue to grow, we’re always on the lookout for top talent to come along with us for the ride. If you’re interested in joining the Vessi fam, come say hi!
To learn more, visit www.vessi.com
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Developer to help create our Vessi “house”! At Vessi, our house is our website and we need a Shopify-focused web developer to hit the ground running in making sure our website remains secure and in the best shape possible to showcase our products, educate our customers, and provide a seamless customer journey online.
We’re a small but mighty team and this is an excellent opportunity to work directly with our Co-Founders, take the lead in building new flows and apps and coach our more junior team members.
If you’re a seasoned developer with extensive experience in Shopify and want to make a big impact at a fast-growing startup, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- With support from our Web Developer, take the lead in creating a seamless online experience for our customers while meeting internal needs
- Improve and monitor core website KPIs such as: LCP, FID and CLS
- Build and optimize our website, online apps and solutions to help improve our customer journey
- Prioritize software development projects, set timelines and delegate tasks accordingly
- Run functionality testings, debug code, and ensure our website has no blockers
- Collaborate with our Creative team to determine best UI/UX elements
- Ensure our software documentation is up-to-date and conduct research on best practices for optimization
- Exercise project management skills for the technical area of the business
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong understanding of Shopify's liquid code and technical expertise in API development
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and UX/UI principles
- Go-getter attitude with ability to scope out complex development solutions
- Effective communicator, detail-oriented and passionate about CPG brands
- Collaborative team player with big ideas and desire to mentor others
- Familiarity with the latest web technologies, frameworks and libraries that bridge the gap between design and technical implementation
It’s a Bonus If You Have:
- Experience with Shopify's SDKs / Storefront API
- Experience with RUBY
- A proven track record in the development of any public/private Shopify apps or themes
At Vessi, we are committed to building an environment where all team members feel welcome and have the opportunity to succeed. We believe that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to truly fulfill our mission and live out our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives and skillsets to apply.
Powered by JazzHR