This position is covered under the single site order.
SUMMARY OF POSITION :
all aspects of regular maintenance, repairs, building improvements, environmental issues and fire and life safety. In conjunction with the Facility General Manager, the MW assists in ensuring the safety and security of all residents, staff and visitors.
Retirement Concepts Development (RCD) will oversee the functional performance (quality and timeliness of work, organization and discipline in carrying out the work, etc) of the Maintenance Team at the facility on an ongoing basis and will report status of same to the Facility General Manager.
RCD will also oversee the Maintenance Team in the execution of an annual program of preventive maintenance and capital improvements to the building and its systems
Regular Maintenance, Repairs and Building Improvements :
1. Inspects operating condition of all equipment and logs information daily.
2. Inspects alarm, call, and security systems and logs information daily.
3. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions in the absence of the FMM.
4. Schedules and supervises service work in the absence of the FMM.
5. Ensures the safety of the building, equipment, staff and residents.
6. Complete general repairs to electrical, plumbing and other building components commensurate with the capabilities of an experienced maintenance trade person
7. Sources and prices replacement or repair items by following Retirement Concepts purchasing guidelines in the absence of the FMM
8. Be available for emergency call-ins.
9. Makes recommendations for repairs, replacements, or upgrades to be reviewed with the FMM & RCD Project Maintenance Manager and be involved in facility improvement projects.
10. Maintains a painting / touch-up schedule
11. Washes and / or cleans up refuse, which may have been missed by Housekeeping / Janitorial staff.
Environmental Issues :
1. Attends to garbage and general clean up in resident and public areas (Exterior and Interior).
2. Assists Housekeeping if requested.
3. Ensures the safety of staff, residents, guests, and vendor personnel by ensuring all areas of the building and its exterior grounds are maintained in a safe condition (i.
e. snow clearing, debris, and leaves, etc.)
4. Implements snow removal and de-icing program either directly or via a contractor as directed by company policy such that the safety of residents, staff and visitors is not compromised
5. Oversees the pest control program in the absence of the FMM
6. Maintains organized and safe work and storage areas.
Fire & Life Safety :
1. Assists the Fire Safety Director in drills.
2. Maintains scheduled certification for fire systems.
3. Complies with fire regulations.
4. Implements all repair and maintenance activities in a safe manner while abiding by appropriate Work Safe BC regulations
Maintenance Management :
1. Implements a preventing maintenance schedule as per the Facility Maintenance Program under the direction of the RCD Project Maintenance Manager
2. Maintains a log entry of daily routines, general repairs, scheduled, and non-scheduled maintenance items on all equipment.
3. Prioritizes maintenance requests and scheduled workloads so the work can be performed in an efficient manner.
Team Player :
1. Provides support or instruction to staff that may be operating the facility’s equipment
2. Implements programs which conserve and save energy for lighting and other equipment.
3. Takes initiatives in gaining knowledge and skill relating to the maintenance position.
4. Participates in facility events.
Dress Regulations :
1. Always maintains a neat appearance and be attired in clean, safe and presentable clothing.
Rubber-soled, steel-toed safety shoes
1. Minimum of three years’ work experience in managing trades persons and work programs related to building or facility maintenance.
2. Knowledge of and capability to complete tasks relating to general painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, heating systems and gardening.
3. Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices.
4. A basic level of computer knowledge
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
1. A demonstrated ability to organize a schedule of maintenance and workload planning.
2. A demonstrated ability to maintain a checklist record of maintenance routines.
3. An ability to communicate professionally with residents, staff, and visitors.
4. Be pleasant and courteous to staff, residents, and visitors.
5. Assist the staff and management to operate the facility in a safe and efficient manner