The Administrative Assistant will provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Director including responsibility for the day-
to-day functioning of the office. The Administrative Assistant will be required to collaborate with administrative assistants from other departments, managers, physicians, staff and external stakeholders.
This individual will need to act as an ambassador for the program and be responsive to the need to support patient activity.
Schedule Work HoursMonday Friday days, 37.50 hours weekly
This position is temporary until January 2019
1. Graduate of Community College Business Secretarial Program or equivalent
2. Proficient keyboarding skills (60 W.P.M.)
3. Demonstrated proficient computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database systems for example, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, Windows 98, PeopleSoft, Meditech System.
4. Demonstrated ability to create and maintain various databases and generate reports from these databases
5. Excellent transcription and minute taking skills
6. Demonstrated excellence in effective communication and interpersonal skills within a professional environment
7. Effective problem-solving abilities
8. Ability to work on own initiative, organize and establish priorities
9. Demonstrated ability to meet project and task deadlines, excellent organizational skills
10. Demonstrated ability to develop systems that create efficient work flow
11. Demonstrated ability to appreciate confidential nature of position
12. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
13. Demonstrated interest in new learning
strong customer service focus
15. Knowledge of Medical Terminology an asset
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact Human Resources Operations at 905-
521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process.
If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note : the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset