What does Shinydocs do?
We are a data-centric software company, on a mission to change the way organizations find, understand, and action their data to make better business decisions.
Founded in 2014, Shinydocs searches, organizes, and understands unstructured data at scale, providing actionable security, compliance, and business operations insights. We’re partnering with some of the largest companies in the world to revolutionize how they handle information. We are leaders in our field and our people are some of the best and brightest in what they do.
We are excited that you are here and interested in learning more about us. Shinydocs is committed to provide a barrier-free and inclusive work environment where everyone belongs. We want our team to be able to do their best work, be their whole selves and experience their full potential. We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business and job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
If you require support and/or accommodation during any phase of our hiring process, please do not hesitate to connect with Samantha Sheen-Manor our Talent Acquisition Business partner (email@example.com). We’ll work to learn more about your needs to provide you the best experience possible and know that all information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
The future is bright and “shiny” at Shinydocs. We’re a dynamic and diverse team with experience, fueled by passion for the work we do and live by our values of Excellence, Adaptability and Teamwork. You’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest minds who truly value your contribution. They will be excited to collaborate with you and will be cheering you on every step of the way. Oh and you’ll be laughing often throughout the day, either with others, at each other, or at yourself :-)
- Satisfying Work: We’re building new stuff that solves real-world problems for exciting organizations. Everyone here is self-directed, empowered and enabled to do their best work.
- Remote First: We’re committed to a remote first work environment. We offer flexible hours and respect our team members schedules to enable them to find the work life harmony that they deserve to have in their lives.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards & Wellness Package: We collaborate with our whole team to develop programs that meet their needs including offering fully paid group benefits from day one, Health Care and Wellness Spending Accounts, RRSP matching, a Safe Transportation subsidy, Phone and Internet subsidies, and a Worry-Free subsidy that supports those unexpected experiences and help you provide care for your animal companions too!
- Professional Development, Growth & Purpose: Follow your passion and find purpose in your work. Experience learning opportunities through courses, shadowing, Shiny “U” Sessions & Show N’ Tells.
- Culture & Communication: Weekly All Hands, Coffee with the CEO, and regular virtual socials and team building activities during core work hours which keeps you connected and respects your work life harmony.
- Community Commitment: We support a variety of organizations on behalf of our team and we are proud (and active) corporate members of the WIT Network.
If you are curious to learn more and have some of these skills but maybe not all of them we still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique background and learn more about you!
How will I make an impact?
As a Software Developer, reporting to the UI Team Lead, you will be joining a passionate software development team to help build and maintain our responsive web applications. You’ll work closely with product managers to build intuitive web interfaces, and collaborate with backend developers to help improve scalability and security.
You’ll get started quickly, making your first commit in your first week. Within your first 30 days, you will learn more about our products, get to know the team and our processes, and become a regular contributor to our main product. It also helps if you bond with our team and participate in the sending of GIFs. We’ve got a pretty strong GIF game.
Day in the Life:
Modern Web - You’ll demonstrate your knowledge of HTTP, consuming web services, and web technologies (e.g. CSS preprocessors, HTML), as well as build & packaging systems (e.g. Webpack, Vite).
Debugger Deluxe - Proficiency in effectively debugging on the React stack (e.g. Chrome DevTools).
Solid Foundation - Excellent analytical skills utilizing data structures, algorithms, and common design patterns.
Stay Current - We are a company that values continued learning and improvements! You have a growth mindset and take initiative to make sure you are constantly up to date with new techniques, tools and other resources.
Champion Shinydocs Culture - Lead by example; Everyone on the Shinydocs team (including you!) contributes to and defines our company culture.
Not sure if you have enough or the right experience for this job? Apply anyways. Only 1% of candidates will ever meet every single requirement on most job postings. It’s not a big deal if you don’t meet all our requirements. Diversity of our talent’s backgrounds, skills, experiences and education is what makes us stronger. If you are passionate about what you do, are a great colleague, interested in learning, and willing to work hard, we want to hear from you.
Powered by JazzHR