Build a rewarding career within Baffinland and join Local 793!
Baffinland is hiring for Plumbers
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing;
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size;
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems;
- Install, repair and maintain domestic commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems;
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors;
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings;
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment;
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges.
Primary Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience as a Plumber.
Secondary Skills & Qualifications:
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills;
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach with the ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Good computer skills, some knowledge of SAP and parts tracking systems;
- Ability to manage time effectively while handling multiple jobs with varying priorities;
- Languages: ability to speak English, read English, and write English (language abilities in Inuktitut would be considered an asset);
- Able to lift up to 50lbs;
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Able to climb ladders;
- Physically fit to perform all aspects of job.
Examples of Supporting Documents:
- Relevant Certificates from Baffinland recognized training institutes;
- An authorized document from a former employer verifying previous experience.
About IUOE Local 793:
The International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 793 (IUOE Local 793) represents more than 17,600 crane and heavy equipment operators and other skilled workers employed in all sectors of the construction industry, industrial and mining sectors across the province of Ontario and the territory of Nunavut.
For 100 years Local 793 has successfully represented workers, building a story of hope, hard work, pride and perseverance.
Becoming a Local 793 Member empowers you with incredible opportunity to access even more jobs at more than one company and further expand your experience, training, and skills. Become another inspired member with us and grow your career at an even higher level!
Learn more about the amazing success and rich history of IUOE Local 793:
Learn more about Baffinland Iron Mines and its operations:
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit your resume, outlining your qualifications and suitability to this position.
IUOE Local 793 and Baffinland welcomes applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please Note: The Partnership Collective Agreement between the Union and Baffinland recognizes and respects that Baffinland is party to an Inuit Impact and Benefit Agreement (IIBA) that covers its mining operations. The IIBA provides that Inuit must have the opportunity for equitable and meaningful participation in Baffinland’s work at the mine. Therefore, Baffinland’s hiring priority will be given to beneficiaries under the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement (NLCA) from Pond Inlet, Igloolik, Clyde River, Hall Beach and Arctic Bay and Iqaluit, followed by residents from other Baffin region communities and then to all other NLCA beneficiaries.
It is important to note that IUOE Local 793 assists Baffinland in seeking qualified workers for temporary work assignments, however IUOE Local 793 is not the Employer and thus is not responsible for any hiring decisions. Baffinland is responsible for all hiring decisions, not Local 793.
Powered by JazzHR