Overview of the Company
Ovivo is a global provider of equipment, technology and systems producing the purest water and treating the most challenging wastewater in the industry. Ovivo is a powerful global brand with renowned trademarks, possessing more than 150 years of expertise and references in water treatment, supported by its proprietary products, advanced technologies and extensive system integration knowhow. Ovivo is owned by SKion Water International and it operates in some 15 countries with close to 1000 employees.
The Business Analyst's role is key in evaluating processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions. They master business process analysis and creation methods. They elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders, be they customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements to understand the technology solutions they need.
The Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business make good technology decisions. The Business Analyst will also be proactive about working with the IT Architect, Digital Solutions, Business enablement and Enterprise Architecture teams to look for new technologies to optimize business processes. The Business Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT's understanding of business requirements.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with project sponsors and other stakeholders to determine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Participate in and provide guidance towards successful implementation of business solutions.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Assume project management responsibilities, depending on scope and context of project.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems.
- Five to eight years related work experience.
- CBAP, PMP or related certification (optional).
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of an organization's core business processes and operations, including manufacturing, technical services and ETO (engineering-to-order)
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Experience with enterprise business solutions (ERP, MES, CRM, BI, etc.)
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Knowledge of SharePoint (optional)
- Knowledge of Infor ERP or any enterprise level ERP (optional)
- English (Proficient), French (optional)
Travel required: 20%