At Interac, we design products and solutions that give Canadians control over their money so they can get more out of life. But that’s not all.
Whether we’re leading real-time money movement, driving innovative commerce solutions like open payments for transit systems, or making advancements in new areas like digital identity and open banking, we are playing a key role in shaping the future of the digital economy in Canada.
Want to make a lasting impact amongst a community of creative thinkers, problem solvers, technical gurus and high-performance application developers? We want to hear from you.
The Platform Engineering and Transformation team designs and builds platforms that support billions of transactions each year, using cloud-native technologies and advanced architectural patterns to deliver high-performance, 24x7 payment processing. As the architects behind Canada’s next major payments platform – the Payments Canada Real-Time Rail – we’re helping enable innovation and open access for all Canadians, financial institutions, and fintechs. And we do all of this with our sights on high availability. No maintenance windows. No outages. That’s our mantra.
As our Scrum Master, you will join our core team and assist in the delivery of high-profile products and streams.
You will be responsible for the adoption and implementation of Agile values and principles. You will be building relationships with delivery partners, removing impediments, and driving the work of an innovative team that is at the outset of an agile transformation. Our team is our core asset here and we need someone who can help let them be their best! You will take on the servant leadership and mentoring of team members while actively contributing to the delivery approach and processes. You're comfortable with ambiguity and you understand how to collaborate to not only get the best out of team, but support them through transformation. =
You're great at...
- Providing coaching and support to the team on agile principles and values, and ensure adherence to them
- Introducing new and advanced practices to help the team improve, and become more efficient
- Applying techniques for effective workflow management (e.g. Kanban or Scrum Boards)
- Providing support to the team in a servant leader style and help define the Interac delivery model of the future
- Overseeing and/or facilitating the day-to-day the Agile ceremonies
- Working with core team members to ensure that all elements of the sprints are planned and delivered in accordance with team velocity
- Continuously refining and improving quality of stories ensuring business value and acceptance criteria are clearly articulated
- Collaborating with other teams and scrum masters to manage cross dependencies and sequencing of deliverables
- Expediting issues resolution, negotiating and influencing people at all levels to ensure the impediments are resolved in a timely manner
- Working closely with business partners to ensure all approved project initiatives are resourced accurately and timely
Who are you?
- You are decisive and a solution-focused leader with 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, preferably on the digital or mobile side of retail, in an Agile environment
- You have a University degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field
- You have a Scrum Master Certification
- You have an understanding of product delivery and how the backend of a product is built and works
- You have exposure to Agile software tools such as Atlassian, Jira and Confluence. Ideally, you also have experience with web, e-Commerce and mobile technologies.
- You are a skilled negotiator and navigator - you respond calmly and resourcefully to challenging situations, roadblocks, ambiguity, conflicts and change requests
- You are highly detail oriented and meticulous. Your focus is on accomplishing every milestone while ensuring processes are followed and issues are proactively dealt with
- You are an influencer and have expertise working closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify challenges and to develop effective strategies to realize visions and increase adoption of agile principles
- You are an outstanding communicator in formal, informal, large, small, verbal and written communications and can effectively influence and work with people at all levels
- You have a creative and process-oriented approach. You are able to find pragmatic solutions to problems
- You have a drive to continuously improve. You can anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external project partners. You are driven to meet or exceed expectations. You are a forward thinker and can innovate solutions to keep the project - and the business - moving forward.
- You have enthusiasm for working in a transforming environment. You thrive in a changing environment and welcome the opportunity to lead and implement growth and opportunity.
- You have an appreciation for cross-team collaboration. You can influence work in a multi-functional team environment with rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines. You are flexible and open to the ideas of others.
How we work
We know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with:
Connection: You’re surrounded by talented people every day who are driven by their passion of a common goal.
Core Values: They define us. Living them helps us be the best at what we do.
Interac is Canada’s leading payments brand and is chosen an average of 17 million times daily to pay and exchange money. Together, Interac Association and Acxsys Corporation operate an economical, world-class debit payments system with broad-based acceptance, 24/7/365 reliability, security, and efficiency.
For more than 30 years, Interac has facilitated secure financial transactions through the development of innovative and convenient digital debit and money transfer solutions. Interac products and services securely connect people to their money through Interac Cash, Interac Debit, Interac Flash, Interac Online, Interac e-Transfer and Interac e-Transfer bulk disbursement for commercial payments.
Interac is a leader in the prevention and detection of fraud with one of the lowest rates of fraud globally.
Visit interac.ca and follow us @interac for more information.
Interac believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the Human Resources department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process or want more information about our Accessibility Policy, which is also available online here: https://www.interac.ca/en/accessibility.html.
Powered by JazzHR