Job Summary :
Responsible for the overall management of claims through development, implementation, and monitoring comprehensive and integrated case management plans for all case activities.
Case Managers will be assigned either Pre 1990 cases or the early phase of the case lifecycle or the later phase of the case lifecycle.
Case Managers follow a structured case management framework, to enable them to achieve high quality outcomes and success with case planning and implementation.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive and integrated case management plans for all activity in the case required to achieve recovery, community integration, and where possible, return to work (RTW) by :
2. Provide targeted activities focused on identifying RTW factors, removing obstacles, and leveraging opportunities to facilitate a safe return to suitable work by :
3. Identify and co-ordinate intervention by internal and external specialty resources and ensure timely and appropriate completion of these interventions and services by :
4. Make entitlement decisions based upon legislation, policy, and best practices and communicate these decisions verbally and in writing to applicable parties by :
referring to and / or working collaboratively with Regulatory Services for appropriate action, when required.
5. Attempt to prevent or resolve disputes. Handle requests for reconsideration and, if appealed, arrange access and process the objection.
6. Under the guidance of the Manager, Program Quality, when temporarily assigned, utilize knowledge of the case management framework and understanding of the application of WSIB policies and WSIB Acts to conduct case and telephone quality reviews.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Key activities include : collecting information, making decisions, coordination and actioning activities; reviewing, monitoring, guiding and directing cases towards resolution.
Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
We respect and value the diversity of our people. We strive to create an environment where employees can be themselves and where our differences are celebrated.
The WSIB is committed to being accessible and inclusive, and following barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know when we contact you and we will work with you to meet your needs.