90,000.00 CAD to 100,000.00 CAD
Our client in Mississauga is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their team.
Note: This role offers 10% Bonus and 24 Days PAID Vacation!
- Design and development of software tools to reliably manage application delivery.
- Work in a 80% Windows and 20% Linux environment with AWS infrastructure
- Architect and implement new AWS Architecture
- Engage with Production Engineering in the design, implementation and maintenance of the build/release infrastructure.
- Improve the predictability and reliability of software releases with the implementation of automated build, test and deployment tools and processes.
- Reduce application deployment windows by leading company towards a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Engage with Software Engineering to improve application stability with the design, development and implementation of application monitors and alerts.
- Engage with Software Engineering and Architect Teams to ensure Release Engineering best practices are implemented.
- Engage with Software and Production Engineering in the coordination and administration of software releases.
- Provide after hours release and change control based on the most current change control schedules.
- Produce update and/or endorse Site Reliability Engineering standards, guidelines and procedures.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or in place of degree, 5-7 years’ experience as a DevOps or SRE.
- Strong experience with AWS
- Familiarity with one or more general purpose programming languages but not limited to: PowerShell, Bash, Python, Perl.
- Experience with configuration management systems (GitHub, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt).
- Experience configuring and supporting Jenkins.
- Experience working in Windows/ Linux hybrid environments.
- Experience with Terraform and Puppet
- Networking Knowledge (strong VPC knowledge is a PLUS).
- Experience with Artifactory.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment.
- Experience with Application Server platforms (.Net, JBoss, EAP, EWS, Wildfly)
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (Amazon AWS, Eucalyptus, VMware, Docker).
- Experience with Java build tools such as Ant, Maven, Gant, or Gradle.
- Experience with agile development, continuous integration and automated testing.
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.