Job Title: Food Service Attendant
Department : Revenue
Division: Food & Beverage
Category: Seasonal (June-September)
Reports To: Unit Lead
Availability: 20-40 Hours/Week (weekdays, weekends, holidays)
JOB PURPOSE: The Food Service Attendant is a front line member of the Wet'n'Wild team, and is responsible for providing five star service to our guests throughout the park's food and beverage locations. The ideal candidate should first and foremost have a friendly personality with a guest focused attitude, and embody the spirit of fun that Wet'n'Wild is all about. Food Service Attendants must also take pride in maintaining a clean work place, and be responsible for handling cash transaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain sanitation, cleanliness, safety, and food standards in compliance with health department, legal and company standards/guidelines, and ensure adherence by all stand team members.
- Become knowledgeable about the menu and prices at assigned location; be ready and able to make menu suggestions to guests.
- Follow the proper cash handling procedures.
- Follow opening and closing register procedures.
- Take and fill orders for the guests.
- Prepare food according to set standards, including:
- Cooking temperature
- Portion control
- Serving standards
- Keep work area cleaned and well stocked.
- Perform regular and scheduled cleaning.
- Perform all opening and closing procedures for assigned location.
- Follow park policies in addition to grooming and uniform codes set forth by Human Resources and the Food Service department.
- Responsible for making sure all team members comply with the company values and are fulfilling our mission.
- Comply with all required COVID-19 health and safety protocols as per company policy, and determined by public health guidelines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comfortable interacting with people
- Be a team player
- Good communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Comfortable handling money
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Smart Serve Certificate an asset
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This position requires occasional work in or around wetness, confined spaces-cramped quarters, heights, noise, detergents/chemicals, mechanical hazards, moving objects, fumes/odors, dust, mists, gases, or vibrations. The noise level is generally moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and/stand/and walk for long periods of time throughout the day
- Must be able to work outdoors at various times throughout the year
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, hand/eye coordination, near vision, hearing and speech
- Requires occasional kneeling and bending
- Requires occasional walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing and pulling
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 30 pounds
- Requires occasional carries up to 100 pounds with the assistance of a two wheel hand truck
Any and all other duties that is assigned or necessary in order to support the Revenue Department and the park as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, staff levels, or technical developments) dictate.
WET N WILD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WET N WILD IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE