Child Protection Worker
Government of Saskatchewan
NorthBattleford, SK, CA
6d ago
  • The Ministry of Social Services, Child and Family Services, requires a Child Protection Worker in Meadow Lake. In this position, you will be responsible for investigating allegations of neglect, physical or sexual abuse and assessing family functioning;
  • determining risk factors to the children's safety; implementing intervention plans and providing support services to the family, as required.

    When necessary, you will initiate Family Court proceedings and work through this process with the family. In cases where the children are admitted to the care of the Ministry, you will manage their needs, including identifying family supports, placement in foster and alternate resources, assessment and treatment planning to ensure that individual health, social psychological and education needs are met in preparation to return home.

    Children placed in care on a long-term basis will necessitate long-term care and planning. Part of this process often includes working in co-operation with Indian Child and Family Services agencies.

    You will be required to travel, work flexible hours in the evening and on weekends, and transport children (and parents) in service delivery.

    To qualify for this position, you will possess a Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Indian Social Work or an equivalent Social Work degree from an accredited university as approved by the SASW and / or the CASW / CASWE.

    Relocation expenses to move to the community of Meadow Lake for this position may be considered, as per policy, to the successful candidate.

    Hours of Work : B - SGEU Field 37.33 - work a total of 37.33 hours / week, averaged over 4 weeks

    Report this job

    Thank you for reporting this job!

    Your feedback will help us improve the quality of our services.

    My Email
    By clicking on "Continue", I give neuvoo consent to process my data and to send me email alerts, as detailed in neuvoo's Privacy Policy . I may withdraw my consent or unsubscribe at any time.
    Application form