Job Responsibilities :
Working safely in a team environment the Foreman will comply with all regulatory and company safety and operational policies and procedures and is responsible for managing and directing a crew of workers to deliver a successful project by meeting or exceeding safety goals, quality standard, production rates, schedule and customer satisfaction.
The Foreman has a proven track record in rail construction, maintenance & planning, having worked on tie changes, constructing new track, maintaining or repairing track, cutting and drilling rail, gauging rail, constructing turnouts, distressing rail, rail changes, and other related activities.
In addition, he / she will have directed multiple crews of workers, a proven track record of delivering successful projects by meeting or exceeding safety goals, quality standards, production rates, schedule, and continuously achieving results in extreme customer satisfaction.
Primary / Essential Responsibilities and
1. By embracing our Safe Start culture and adhering to industry & company policies & procedures, continuously provide yourself, fellow employee, and the general public a safe working environment.
2. Review project contracts & documents and plan work to ensure that the project is constructed in accordance with the contract documents.
3. Pre-plan work activities with the Superintendent to develop the best means & methods, including safety action plans.
4. Plan and execute day to day operations on assigned projects & ensure that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work labour, equipment, & material.
5. Responsible for crew performance as related to company goals, safety audits, administration of company policies & procedures.
Conduct tailgate meetings. Initiate follow up actions as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
6. Conduct daily briefing with crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety & schedule, hazards and to solicit feedback from workers.
7. Perform a variety of related administrative task such as production reports, time collection, equipment logs, inspection reports, extra work records, reviews cost reports with team members, & other related project based responsibilities.
Job Qualifications :
rail changes; and other related activities.
Physical / Travel / Attendance Requirements
Working with hazardous materials including, but not limited to various petroleum products and will have regular exposure to dusty conditions.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position.
There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
PNR RailWorks is an equal employer committed to using hiring practices and providing a workplace environment that is inclusive and barrier free.
If contacted throughout the selection process, please advise Human Resources in advance if you require accommodation for the interview process so you can be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received regarding accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled)