Job Classification HEU - Community subsector Hourly Rate 19.38 Grid Level 4 Hours of Work Various Job Title Casual Transport Driver Location Langley, BC V2Z 2S3 CA (Primary)
Category Casual Positions Salary Grade Status Casual Job Description
Operates a motor vehicle with a seating capacity of 11 to 25 (including driver), including motor vehicles modified to accommodate wheelchairs, for the purpose of transporting passengers to and from events such as programs, appointments, and outings.
Performs routine inspection and maintenance duties on vehicles and related equipment.
This role reports to the Senior Housing Manager.
1. Transports passengers to various locations by operating a motor vehicle with a seating capacity of 11 to 25 (including driver), including motor vehicles modified to accommodate wheelchairs.
2. Assists passengers to get in and out of vehicle, including assisting clients in wheelchairs by operating hoists in mobility aid, lift-equipped vehicles.
Ensures that passengers and equipment are safely harnessed when vehicle is in operation.
3. Assists passengers during transportation by performing duties such as providing information, ensuring compliance with regulations, and managing problems and emergencies that arise, in accordance with established guidelines.
4. Performs routine inspection and maintenance duties on vehicles and equipment such as securing load, cleaning interior and exterior of vehicle, fueling vehicle, checking belts, lights, and tires, and maintaining fluid levels.
Recommends vehicle and equipment repairs as required.
5. Collects fares, issues receipts, and balances cash.
6. Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as log books and statistics.
7. Performs administrative support duties such as answering telephones, booking client trips, altering schedules, and arranging times for picking up and dropping off clients.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
Coast Mental Health is committed to creating a culture of diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.