Home: Southbridge Roseview
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Position: Food Service Manager - Part time Temporary (30 hours bi-weekly)
Tired of living to work? Work to LIVE in beautiful Thunder Bay, the city people who have traveled the world still return to and call home! Located on Lake Superior, Thunder Bay offers a taste of the wild right from your backyard, while still also offering all the comforts a city has to offer. There are numerous outdoor activities to take part in such as camping, hiking, climbing (even ice climbing!), cycling, fishing, hunting, and more! Thunder Bay and its surroundings in northern Ontario are also famed across the world of aurora sightings. There are also numerous restaurants, pubs, and shopping centers located in the city. Come to Thunder Bay and experience the wildest city in Ontario
Ask yourself three questions:
- Are you looking for a role with tons of opportunities for career advancements?
- Are you ready to be part of a team that will truly value your hard work, dedication and effort?
- Are you passionate about providing compassionate and quality care to residents in long term care?
If the answer is yes, we would love to know more about you!
Southbridge Care Homes are currently looking to expand our Food Services department. We are looking for a Food Services Manager to join our enthusiastic team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Food Services Manager is responsible for managing and handling all the operations of the food service department and ensures to satisfy the nutritional needs of our beloved residents and will be responsible to handle inventory, meal plans, recruitment dietary staff, and kitchen operations of the location.
- Plan, organize and provide high-quality dietary services for residents of each facility.
- Apply continuous quality improvement principles, best practices, and standardization to workflow, performance, production, and changes to service and dietary requirements to meet legislative requirements.
- Select, supervise and motivate dietary staff; ensure dietary staff works as a team, ensure a high level of productivity and better use of staff capabilities.
- Ensure the environment of all food preparation and storage areas meets Public Health requirements.
- Maintain all records in accordance with policies, procedures, and legislative requirements, including the implementation and posting of all regular and therapeutic menus.
- Liaise and consult with residents, families, team members, government officials, and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities
- Participate in the budgeting process; is accountable for the departmental budget and food costs.
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management (C.S.N.M.) or a Registered Dietician required
- Post-secondary education in dietary management and the successful completion of a recognized Food Services Program.
- Minimum 2 years dietary management experience in a long-term care setting.
- Member of a recognized Food Service Supervisor’s Association.
- Strong leadership skills to direct the work of employees.
- Superb organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience managing employees within a unionized setting.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles, and legislation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Customer-focused with a high emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with clients.
Interested applicants should send their resumes here. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care, and affiliated organizations, including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Powered by JazzHR