Comfort Keepers is a National Home Healthcare company accredited with Exemplary standing that services the Oakville and Burlington area.
For over a decade, clients and their families have entrusted Comfort Keepers to provide care that improves the quality of life of seniors and enables independent living.
A Comfort Keepers Overnight PSW provides personal care and support services to Clients in a Comfort Keepers established Personal Care Program.
This is an awake shift and is NOT a live-in position
Responsibilities and Duties
1) Assists the client with activities of daily living by providing any of the Comfort Keepers approved personal care activities including, but not limited to : bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene, and / or ambulation.
2) Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client's garments and linens and changing the bed.
3) Assists in meeting nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, dishes, and kitchen clean-up.
4) Assists the client with ambulation / transfers as specified in the Plan of Care.
5) Observes and reports any changes in the client's mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
6) Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
7) Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
8) Completes required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy. Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
9) Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
10) Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Must have completed a Personal Support Worker College Diploma Program from a recognized Postsecondary Institution; or 5 years of work experience fulfilling the duties of a PSW while employed by a recognized home care company / agency, hospital, long-
or be an Internationally Trained Nurse. All PSW's must be CPR certified and have a current vulnerable sectors Police Check.
A valid drivers' license is an asset.
Benefits and Perks