Points is looking for an Accounting Analyst to join our Accounting team for a permanent position in our Downtown Toronto office.
You will be relied upon to support the Accounting team to ensure accurate and timely reporting. You will learn the key business drivers and make an impact on the team. Your professional oral and written communication skills will be vital to ensure relationships are successfully maintained. Our team environment inspires an ambitious attitude that will encourage you to take on new challenges as you become more familiar and proficient in your core responsibilities.
The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for:
- Preparation and review of Partner and Earn Mall remittances on time (ensuring compliance with contractual payment terms)
- Issuing sales order and related AR invoices
- Collecting on outstanding AR
- Preparation of invoice reconciliations for various partners and gift card providers
- Preparation of various Balance Sheet Reconciliations on monthly basis, including AR aging reports and Leadsheets
- Month end binder preparation
- Assist with financial close procedures for each month-end, quarter-end and year-end.
- Ensure compliance with related SOX controls and processes, and following Internal Controls in the area of responsibility.
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Work on special projects based on departmental and company/business needs, including system implementation, upgrades, and other ad-hoc requests
- University or college degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Google Docs
- Superior communication skills with the ability to work across all levels
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize many tasks and responsibilities while maintaining a positive attitude
- Cooperative and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to initiate action to accomplish an objective and goals; be proactive
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite is an asset
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. Over the last 5 years Points has been the recipient of the following awards:
- Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada
- Best Workplaces for Women
- Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Here are some of the perks that are included in our Points culture:
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- We want to celebrate with you: all employees get an extra day off for their Birthdays!
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.
No agencies please.