We are seeking a dynamic Manager on Duty to join our busy team. Our Managers understand the meaning of true Customer Service; they are professional, team-oriented, possess good work ethics and are extremely results driven.
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
- The ability to direct and control the activities of the Front Office, Reservations, Guest Activities, and to ensure adherence to the Sandman Hotel Group standards, policies and procedures in conjunction with the Front Office Manager.
- Must ensure that all personnel are kept well informed of department objectives and policies. The ability to prepare all necessary forecasts; to work closely with Reservations, Front Office and Sales to maximize occupancy, rate and revenue.
- The ability to develop relationships with clients, return guests, group contacts etc. to provide maximum personalized guest service.
- The ability to support Sandman Hotel Group philosophy towards employee development, morale and institute programs to ensure the effectiveness and promotion of the philosophy in within the Rooms Division.
- The ability to respond properly and take a supervisory role in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Manage all administrational duties as specified by the Company
- Responsible for checking guests in and out of the Hotel.
- Issues room keys, pamphlets, discount cards, etc.
- Answers various questions from guests and arranges transportation for guests.
- Computes bills, collects payment and makes change for guests.
- Runs various reports on the computer for management.
- Count and verify cash, shift activity, keys, gift certificates, and wireless internet cards with departing shift.
- Print updated in-house, arrival, departure, and room status reports every two hours
- Check all unresolved departures.
- Ensure front desk is stocked with any items guests may require before housekeeping leaves for the day.
- Complete welcome calls.
- Clean and tidy front desk area.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities.
- Have previous hotel experience, specifically in the Rooms Division Department. Demonstrate supervisor skills; good judgment and common sense.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self and others.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.