Our Client in the mining industry is looking for a Intermediate Data Scientist with hands-on experience in Machine learning and Predictive modelling using R / Python / SPSS.
The incumbent must not only have a deep understanding of the concepts but also have the ability to guide the business through the entire process from idea generation to implementation.
The client has developed a medium sized global advanced analytic team focused on maintenance and process optimization and is looking for someone to help lead the North American initiatives.
The individual should be a self-starter who can identify the challenges and look beyond the obvious in terms of solutioning.
Although this is a contract position the individual will be a key part of the team and will manage internal and third-party resources.
Success in the role can lead to a full-time position. This role will be based in Sudbury.
1. Hands-on experience in Predictive Modeling and Machine Learning
2. Advanced analytics and data mining leveraging R / Python / SPSS
3. Ability to interact directly with business stakeholders for intake, advising analytics solution and presenting back results
4.Experience developing and applying failure / risk models for assets or optimization algorithms in a manufacturing process environment
1. Manufacturing / oil and gas / mining industry experience
2. Architectural experience in data science and advanced analytic infrastructures and their application
3. Master’s Degree in Statistics or Math or applied engineering
4. Asset health, APM experience
5. Analytic team lead experience
Business Intelligence Data Scientist 5 - 7 years Please describe your experience as a Senior Data Scientist with hands-on experience in Machine learning and Predictive modelling using R / Python / SPSS (Must-have)