The Java Developer (Junior) will be responsible for designing and developing business applications in Java for Broadridge. This is a Contract position for 6 months.
Key Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Work closely in a software development team to develop high-quality Java software for critical business applications in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Be involved in all aspects of the software development, including process design, software design, software implementation, code review, documentation, quality assurance, deployment automation, and production support.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise in the design/development of new applications and enhancement of existing applications.
- Help establish methodologies for ensuring code quality and overall project success.
- Make application architecture recommendations to management and the development team.
- Act as a technical advisor and mentor to less experienced Java Developers.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc analyses as necessary.
- Investigate system problems, and propose solutions and/or design improvements.
- Remain abreast of relevant technology developments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Masters or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of training and on the job experience.
Minimum 3 years’ experience designing and implementing mission-critical enterprise software using object-oriented programming languages and concepts.
- Must have experience implementing applications using Java and J2EE, SQL, Spring Framework, with exceptional attention on quality.
- Experience in test-driven development, Unix, Eclipse, web services, XML are assets.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven technical proficiency.
- Top-notch problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience in the Print and/or Financial industry is an asset.
- Above average communication skills, teamwork skills and a service-oriented attitude are essential.
- Must be able to speak with management and clients, and present technical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Must create and maintain positive peer and client relationships.
- Must be able to speak with non-technical staff about technical issues and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to complete multiple tasks concurrently, accurately, and under tight timeframes.
- Java/J2EE, Eclipse, Spring, Web Services, REST, SQL