De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd. (‘DHC’) is a proudly Canadian aerospace company currently transitioning its corporate headquarters to Calgary, AB. DHC is undertaking a consolidation of its underlying subsidiary companies under a single brand currently offering engineering, aftermarket, new aircraft manufacturing, modifications, parts manufacturing and flight training. DHC currently has approximately 1,200 employees based in BC, AB and ON as well as in markets and distribution hubs world-wide. Our strong entrepreneurial spirit, together with a culture of empowerment, quality and innovation create opportunities to grow and succeed in an organization with a proud heritage and bright future.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Sourcing Specialist will help establish a reliable source of supply for all after-market customer requirements. The Sourcing Specialist will act as a primary point of contact between the company and its vendors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sourcing: Identify sources of supply for all purchased components required for the aftermarket programs in line with cost and schedule requirements. In collaboration with supply chain department, work to secure supply under contracts to best suit business needs. As required, advise the customer service team on availability, lead time and price as requested for purchased components.
- Contract Negotiation: Strive to develop & optimize supply situations that reduce BOM costs. Work to secure supply under contracts to best suit our business needs. In conjunction with the Programs Management team support the analysis of vendor proposal to support the business case model, and when necessary secure on contract.
- Cost Analysis: In collaboration with the Estimator, analyze vendor quotations for procured details to evaluate cost benefit. Utilize the make-buy process as a potential solution to maintain PPV.
- Strategic Sourcing & Risk Assessment: Participate in annual supplier risk assessment, develop risk mitigation strategies and carry out actions in accordance with supply chain best practices. Engage in supplier rationalization activities.
- Supplier Development and Rationalization: Maintain relationship with suppliers to improve performance for the benefit of our supply chain. Engage in supply chain best practices through supplier rationalization to streamline spend and drive better value to those relationships.
- Sourcing Projects: In collaboration with Engineering and Technical support identify current or pending obsolete / out of production part issues and contribute to the development and implementation of strategies to mitigate. Carry out strategic sourcing projects for the provision of aircraft aftermarket parts and services.
- Commodity Management: follow standard work practice to organize strategic sourcing based on commodities using ERP best practices.
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce, Engineering or Aerospace related degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years’ experience working in a supply chain role within a manufacturing or operations environment.
- CSCP certification, although not required would be an asset.
- Aerospace experience, although not required, is a distinct asset.
- Experience in data analysis is also an asset.
- Excellent negotiation skills are a requirement.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineered drawings
- Understanding of contemporary lean manufacturing principles and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people at all organizational levels.
- Intermediate / advanced computer and data analysis skills are desirable.
- Willingness to learn
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation and disability, are encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR