Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serve as technical lead and actively participate in complex project conceptual and detail design, execution, development, and support activities crossing multiple projects in two or more protection areas.
2. Identify, prepare and present successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
3. Lead project teams to resolve customer concerns and foster customer satisfaction.
4. Ensure project team deliverables are within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
5. Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
6. Model, teach, and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
10+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems or industrial automation system practices
Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and / or automation and communications applications
Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25%
Excellent writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Professional Engineers License or equivalent certification
Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
Project management experience
Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
Markham, ON -This position is located in Markham, ON, located just 30 km from downtown Toronto. Enjoy beautiful views of the Rouge River Valley, and access to trails and outdoor recreation.
Markham is a city rich in history and culture. Known for its award winning heritage district, and performing arts. Enjoy all the amenities of the big city or explore beautiful green spaces.
Whatever your interest, you will find it in Markham.
Salary is CAD 73,600+ depending on experience.