The Senior Auditor, Internal Audit is responsible for supporting audit and advisory projects through execution of Internal Audit’s mandate of examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment, protection of assets, and efficiencies of the retail operations.
The Senior Internal Auditor may be responsible for leading small assurance or advisory projects.
What you'll do...
1. Execute financial, operational or compliance audits under the supervision of the Internal Audit Lead,
including advanced data analytics within set timelines. Review audit working papers completed by
Internal Auditors and supervise audit staff as required.
2. Assist Internal Audit Lead in planning and development of audits and advisory projects including the
documentation of the risk assessment and audit work program.
3. Assess process and control design and effectiveness and identifies deficiencies by testing performance
of controls against Company procedures and / or external regulatory / accounting requirements. Prepare
and / or assist with documenting audit findings and audit recommendations.
4. Prepare audit documentation in accordance with Global Audit Services Methodology and Quality
5 Review SOX walkthroughs and test of controls testing, communicate control deficiencies, and follow-up
on corrective actions.
6. Monitor, validate and report on the implementation status of management action plans resulting from
audit engagements and whether the implemented action plans appropriately mitigate business risks.
Prepare monthly Canada Executive Committee level reporting for status of management actions plans.
7. Provide value-add recommendations to management that improve the control environment and mitigate
8. Provide guidance and training to Internal Auditors on audit approach principles and professional work
paper standards to ensure performance objectives are met and assist in the evaluation of Internal
Auditor performance through project evaluations and feedback during audits.
Minimum Education Required - Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of experience - 3-5 years
CPA (CA / CGA / CMA), CIA, CISA (One or more)
Internal Audit experience is preferred
Data Analytics experience is preferred
Agile methodology experience is preferred
IT Audit experience is preferred
Knowledge of IIA Standards, frameworks (e.g., COSO)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.