This position is covered under the single site order.
SUMMARY OF POSITION :
Reporting to the Director of Care and / or designate the Dietitian will be responsible for the nutritional management of the residents within the facility through the provision of a quality meal service and assurance that clinical standards as outlined in the Community Care Licensing requirements are met.
1. Adhere to the Ministry of Health’s Adult Care Regulations and legislation.
2. Develop a nutrition care plan for each resident as part of the resident’s overall care plan within two weeks of the resident’s admission.
3. Review nutrition care plans at least once within 12 weeks of admission or more often as needed
4. Monitor the nutrition care plan to ensure implementation
5. Revise the nutrition care plan in response to changes in a resident’s needs
6. Attend care conferences, food user committee meetings and other meetings as required
and as much as possible take into consideration the resident’s dining and food preferences, religious and cultural customs.
8. Establish policies and procedures with respect to resident meal service and nutritional care
9. Conduct nutrition and food service audits in accordance with the schedule provided by the appropriate legislation
10. Develop documentation and reporting systems to maintain accurate records for menus, audits and education
11. Participate in staff education regarding nutrition, mealtime management issues and food safety.
12. Liaise with other members of the interdisciplinary team and community services
13. Collaborate with the food services coordinator as required
14. Conduct nutrient analysis of menu items as needed
1. Member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia
2. Bachelor of Science Degree in Food and Nutrition and the completion of an accredited internship program
3. Recent clinical experience in geriatric nutrition is an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
1. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability for effective communication with members of the interdisciplinary team, residents and families.
2. Demonstrated written and verbal clinical skills
3. Knowledge of clinical nutrition principles as related to the geriatric population
4. Excellent problem solving skills with global perspective when developing nutrition care plans
5. Travel may be a requirement of this position.