Why Join Norsat International Inc.?
We have an innovative and outstanding team of industry professionals who drive our ongoing success at Norsat International Inc. We strive to offer a supportive, inclusive and nurturing environment that helps our employees expand their careers and reach their highest potential.
As the Business Analyst, you are responsible for conducting market analyses, analyzing both product lines and the overall profitability of the business. You are also responsible for developing and monitoring data.
What You'll Do:
- Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met.
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs.
- Interpret, evaluate, and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
- Streamline and improve internal and external reporting.
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Create informative, actionable, and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Developing and implementing corporate dashboards using MS Power BI to provide interactive visualizations and business intelligence.
- Other duties assign.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT or Computer Science;
- Prior experience with SQL language and database management preferred;
- Prior experience using an ERP system in a manufacturing environment is preferred;
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities;
- Detail-oriented, and inquisitive;
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments;
- Excellent MS Office computer skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong team player with excellent problem and conflict solving skills; resourceful and proactive;
- Commitment to product quality and delivery deadlines based on cost and time constraints
- Able to both train and learn from others;
- Enthusiastic, energetic, positive working attitude;
- An adaptable personality to integrate with a diverse group of people;
- Exemplary organization and time management skills; excellent multitasking ability;
- Strong ethics and values;
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation days;
- 5 paid sick days & 2 personal days;
- 100% paid by employer comprehensive health benefits package including medical, dental, life & more (coverage varies);
- 4% RSSP matching;
- Up to an annual maximum of $2,000 per year professional development fund for designations and accreditations;
- 100% reimbursed for job-related training;
- On-going training available;
- Flexible hours of work based on position;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Employee Award Program;
- Plenty of on-site and street parking & a bus stop right in front of the office (bus 405, 410, 416);
- Leisure areas in the office, employees are encouraged to have some fun! (i.e., ping pong table, foosball, Wii, tabletop games, card games).
- Employee events & initiatives: company BBQs, field trips, annual summer event, free snacks events, lunchroom has free flow of coffees & teas.
Please note that benefits may vary by location and employment status.
NOTE: Candidates may be eligible for certain government funding programs. Successful candidates may be required to apply for government grants and be subject to the terms and conditions of such programs. Suitable for new graduates.
Norsat International Inc., founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio, and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable satellite components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations, and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
The Company values a diverse workplace where equal employment opportunities are available and commits to practicing a fair recruitment and hiring process in which all candidates are considered on the basis of their skills, abilities, and fit with the Company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, and physical or mental disability.
More information about our accessible workplace, including disability accommodations, are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility; thus, all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters please.
Powered by JazzHR