The IBI Group Data Services team delivers complex solutions and pushes the limits of technology. We use technology, Data warehouse, Database Administration, Database Development and business intelligence tools to manage Toll System, Traffic Management, transportation corridors, transit systems, building infrastructure, energy and utilities.
IBI Group’s Toronto’s office is looking for a full time Data Services Developer with 3+ years of experience in Data Warehouse Development (ETL, ELT), 2+ years of experience in Tableau/Power BI Dashboard development and 1+ years of experience in Database administration to join our growing team.
Are you looking for a challenge where you can manage terabytes of data in a high-volume environment? You’ll call on a diverse set of database management skills; we are looking for someone that has Data Warehouse, SQL Server, Microsoft Azure – Data Services, Oracle and SQL Server Database experience to work in our mission critical Systems!
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Experience in designing and implementing data warehouse utilizing dimensional modelling approaches and the Kimball methodology, including star schema, dimensions and fact tables, cubes
- Experience in Developing, modifying and maintaining ETL routine process using established libraries and tools Like SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Python (Tensorflow, Pandas), JSON, and MS Azure Analysis Service Modeling like Data Factor, Data Lake, and Data Storage. etc.
- Knowledge in working various ETL development tools, like SSIS, iWay, Informatica, etc.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of data visualization solution by creating dashboard reports and BI reports and visualization using various software’s like Tableau, Power BI, WebFocus, etc
- Writing project documentation, including design specifications, producing test plans and test cases
- Working closely with other teams to understand their needs and analytical requirements
- Able to discuss complex technical issues with end-users and working with users to prototype applications and agree modification specifications
- Perform tasks to support database integrity and accuracy for data analysis, which include regularly running quality assurance queries, reviewing reports for missing or inaccurate information and other tasks
- Experience and/or knowledge in GIS and ETL products for data processing and analysis (FME, ESRI, MapInfo, QGIS, and Alteryx etc.)
- Basic knowledge in MySQL and PostgreSQL environments, and Developing and optimizing efficient PL/SQL code
- Create and maintain the databases required for development, testing and production
- Active experience in supporting Oracle, SQL Server database environments
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
- Developing and utilizing database utilities to help the maintenance process
- Working experience in Agile/Kanban
- Collaborate with other software developers, software architects, product owner and project manager to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain databases required for administration, testing and production
- Monitor the database environment, identify performance, trends and develop meaningful reporting, metrics and trending documentation to develop action plans.
You'll need to have:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working as a developer in Data Warehouse, Data modelling, and BI System delivery projects
- 2+ years of experience in developing Dashboard reports, BI Reports and visualization using Tableau and Power BI
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database, T-SQL
- 1+ years of experience in working Azure Data services, Data Factor, Data Lake, and Data Storage. etc
- 1+ years of experience in Oracle and/or SQL Server database Administration:
- 1+ years of experience in Oracle and/or Microsoft Cloud Database solutions
- Knowledge and/or experience in Big Data and a strong background in data integration technologies in an asset
- Ability to work with a team environment and willingness to learn and continuously improve
- Strong Communication skills – both written and verbal.
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we're located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.