As an Estimator with Paladin Technologies, your main responsibility will be to maximize the award of profitable contracts by leading estimating and bid administration activities. You will work closely with the Sales, Design, and Project Management team to ensure that our customers are provided with the highest quality service.
Ideal candidates will represent Paladin in a professional manner that aligns with our values of leadership mindset, people development, team, and client-focused. A typical day could see you responding to an RFP, holding client meetings, working with project teams during installation, or planning for the closeout of a project. Bilingual in French and English is a must.
- Prepare cost budgets based on drawings, specifications, and other relevant materials
- Work closely with Engineering, Sales, and PMO to develop cost estimates for labor and logistics and detailed BOM
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Compute and communicate costs through analysis of labor, material, and time requirements
- Engage subcontractors to augment Paladin’s areas of expertise to provide a complete solution
- Obtain best product prices from manufacturers, distributors, and subcontractors
- Maintaining technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, establishing networks
- Coordinating bid proposal development with all relevant stakeholders
- Project Management: Understand project management fundamentals and develop designs that accurately reflect project specifications and deliverables.
- Effective Planning & Problem Solving: Understand project requirements and parameters and determine most cost-effective solutions to deliver.
- Accountability: Take personal ownership of the accuracy, reliability, and credibility of project estimates.
- Agility: Adjust and pivot to changes with ease.
- Communication: Use common vocabulary to transmit information with consistency and clarity.
- 2+ years of Estimating experience
- Previous and progressive experience in the low voltage industry involving access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, IP networks, intercom, duress, and/or structured cabling.
- Experience estimating projects worth between $250K-$500K or larger
- Experience working with some or all the following systems is preferred:
- Access Control - LenelS2, Software House, Avigilon, Kantech, Genetec, AMAG, RBH
- CCTV – Milestone, Avigilon, Genetec,
- Intrusion – Bosch, DSC, DMP, Senstar, Southwest Microwave,
- Network Switching – Cisco, Ruckus, HPE,
- RTLS – Actall, Guard RFID,
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) – Schneider, Omron
- Experience in a technical sales role or system design would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills, with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mac OS, and project / quoting software
- Post-secondary education in electronics, electrical, or equivalent would be considered an asset
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Access Control - LenelS2, Software House, Avigilon, Kantech, Genetec, AMAG and RBH - considered assets
- CCTV - Milestone, Avigilon, Genetec - considered assets
- Intrusion - Bosch, DSC, DMP, Senstar, Southwest Microwave - considered assets
- Network Switching - Cisco, Ruckus, HPE - considered assets
- RTLS - Actall, Guard RFID - considered assets
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) - Schneider, Omron - considered assets
- Structured cabling - Belden, CommScope, Corning, Panduit - Considered assets
- Door Hardware - any- considered assets
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian's with Disabilities Act (AODA), Paladin Technologies will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of IP-based Integrated Security, Audio-Visual and Data Networking systems, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are a multi-national company with a local feel that operates across Canada, the western US, and Texas. The experts that makeup Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
Visit our website and social media pages for more info:
Company Website Facebook LinkedIn
We thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paladin Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR