Mogo is looking for a Controller to play a key role on the Finance Team. We are looking for an individual who loves to think strategically, innovate and accomplish key deliverables and has a passion to join a rapidly changing and distinctive business. Check out this list of qualifications below and if this sounds like you, send us your resume - we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the finance team and ensure work assigned is completed on time with accuracy with full ownership of the general ledger, GL entries, accounts payable, revenue and receivables, and other key processes
- Independently establish departmental goals and strategic objectives that are aligned to overall corporate objectives and priorities
- Oversee the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls for SOX compliance
- Proactively review and improve existing finance processes and systems, and develop new processes to support business evolution
- Optimize accounting and funds-flow processes that support our products in a scalable and efficient manner, leveraging automation where possible
- Coordinate monthly variance analysis of internal financial statements and reporting for use by business stakeholders in a timely manner, working closely with the accounting and FP&A teams
- Assist with corporate tax filings, tax planning strategies, and other regulatory filings
- Optimize processes around the monitoring of cash flow, working capital, and manage our banking structure and relationships
- Manage multiple accounting systems/entities and their consolidation, and seek opportunities to improve our overall accounting systems infrastructure
- Manage a growing high-performance finance team of individuals across multiple locations, including hiring, coaching, performance management, and team structuring
- Assist the financial reporting team with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and MD&A for public filing
- Act as a key liaison with external auditors and assisting with the annual audit process and quarterly reviews
- Additional special projects and duties as per needed
What you’ll need:
- University degree in a related discipline with a CPA designation
- Minimum 8-10 years experience, including 5 years in progressively senior leadership roles. Financial services or technology experience is an asset.
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to work through complex issues independently and in a hands-on manner.
- Experience managing complex accounting under IFRS standards, preferably at publicly traded companies, including a strong understanding and implementation of internal controls
- Experience with managing accounting functions with multiple entities and locations, as well as multiple systems and their consolidation
- Strong computer proficiency with advanced skill levels in MS Excel, accounting systems (preferably Dynamics GP).
- Proactive ability to develop strong cross-functional relationships with other departments
- Proven success managing priorities and multi-tasking in a highly dynamic, collaborative entrepreneurial environment with strict deadlines
- Experience supervising, assessing performance, coaching and mentoring other accounting staff to create and manage a high performing team, including remote team members.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Apply today! Mogo is an inclusive place to spend your work life. We hire team members for their talent and diverse backgrounds. Bring your unique perspective to Mogo and help our customers achieve their best financial lives.
Mogo (TSX, NASDAQ:MOGO) is empowering its more than one million members with simple digital solutions to do money like you mean it. Through the free Mogo app, consumers can access a digital spending account with Mogo Visa* Platinum Prepaid Card, the only card of its kind in Canada. The MogoCard makes it easy to enjoy spending control while doing good for the planet by planting a tree for every purchase. The Mogo app also enables you to easily buy and sell bitcoin, get free monthly credit score monitoring and ID fraud protection, and access personal loans. Mogo’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Carta Worldwide, also offers a digital payments platform that powers the next-generation card programs from innovative fintech companies in Europe, North America and APAC, while Mogo’s wholly-owned subsidiary Moka is bringing automated, fully-managed flat-fee investing to Canadians from coast to coast to coast. To learn more, please visit mogo.ca or download the mobile app (iOS or Android).
At Mogo, we leverage technology and design to push boundaries and transform the future of financial services. In a world dominated by big banks, archaic financial processes, and hidden fees, making money easy and engaging for Canadians is more important than ever.
We’re solving complex, real-world problems and bridging gaps by creating products that help our members build wealth, achieve their financial goals, and contribute to saving the planet.
Powered by JazzHR