The Custom Product Representative works with dealers, designers and sales representatives to satisfy customer requirements using custom products.
The Custom Product Representative receives custom requests and interfaces with the Knoll manufacturing, product design and supply chain organization to modify standard product, source custom materials and provide price quotes for custom designs.
Research standard product and manufacturing capabilities to determine feasibility of custom requests.
Communicate with Knoll dealers and Custom Product Designers to clarify design requirements, explain possible limitations and alternate solutions.
Interpret layout drawings attached to requests, and ensure that all required information for engineering is included.
Obtain purchased part quotes and translate costs to establish list pricing based on gross profit margin targets and product line discounts
Respond to the requestor with proposed solutions and pricing; make changes as required based on requestor feedback
Liaison between Custom Product Designer and requestor during engineering process to obtain additional information or clarification when required, and to obtain requestor approval of engineering drawings.
Collaborate with Marketing to propose additions, enhancements or clarifications to standard products; report inconsistencies between price lists, specification tools and Knoll internal databases (Oracle / JDE)
Work with Order Entry and Oracle team to resolve CPR application download issues with quoted specials
Review completed engineering drawings and manufacturing bills of material to ensure that interpretation of quoted product is accurate
Submit products to Finance for cost roll process, remove TBE codes and mark complete on TEC screen in JD Edwards
Extensive product knowledge of assigned Knoll standard product and understanding of other Knoll product lines utilized in blended product applications
Understanding of pricing rules / guidelines to maintain consistent custom pricing
Ability to prioritize one’s work and handle multiple projects at one time
Ability to work independently and in a team environment to ensure daily targets are met on a consistent basis
Methodical approach to work, attention to detail, solution oriented
Initiates timely communication of work-load progress and challenges
Participates with team to coordinate efforts and resolve issues
Willing to cross-train in various areas of the department as required
Actively contributes to the continuous improvements process at Knoll
Adheres to Knoll safety policies and ISO procedures
Flexibility to work different shifts and overtime to meet customer schedules and requirements
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / LICENSING
1. High School Diploma
2. Two year degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
1. Minimum of 2 years of experience in an office environment
2. Office furniture experience preferred
3. Knowledge of Oracle and JD Edwards an asset
4. Ability to interpret engineering drawings and manufacturing bills of material
5. Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes used in consumer product applications
6. Customer service, accounting or engineering experience helpful
1. Mechanical and mathematical aptitude
2. Problem solving and innovative thinking skills
3. Excellent English oral and written communication skills to facilitate clear interactions with colleagues at all levels of the organization, suppliers and external Knoll customers
4. Ability to create a sketch to convey design solutions to a customer
5. Above average ability to think logically, analytically and innovative to solve design problems
6. Computer skills Intermediate level with ability to navigate a computer file system, create and save files, input data into an Excel spreadsheet and exhibit familiarity with essential database programs
7. Ability to work in a team environment