Do you like working with your hands and seeing your projects come to life? GS Dhesi & Associates Ltd. is hiring a Wood Machinist to join our growing team!
You are a skilled woodworker who enjoys in creating beautifully hand-crafted wood products using high quality timber. You have high attention to detail and take working with timber seriously. You are a true craftsman who will take pride in creating fully visible trusses for high end homes and construction projects.
Since 1989, GS Dhesi & Associates (a branch of West Coast Home & Truss) has specialized in providing our clients across Western Canada with stunning, contemporary and beautifully pre-engineered floor and roof truss systems. We pride ourselves on developing long-term relationships with our clients by offering the best possible services and products at competitive prices. We are proud members of the Western Wood Truss Association of BC and Association of Professional Engineers and Geo-scientists of BC. We are growing fast and looking for committed people to join our team!
- Interpret blueprints, sketches, and drawings to create customized trusses
- Precisely cut wood and timber using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machines
- Apply knowledge of wood and grading to create customized, hand crafted trusses
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay work
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Maintain an organized, tidy, and safe work area
- Understand detailed auto cad drawings architectural drawings, schematics, and blueprints
- 2 years woodworking/millworker experience
- Having a sense of urgency so that orders are shipped out in a timely manner while maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Previous woodworking experience
- Previous experience working with different types of wood and tools
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be a team player
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Competitive compensation
- 2 weeks’ vacation and paid stat holidays
- Extended Medical and Dental Benefits
- Team activities and events
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? Apply today by submitting your resume!
Powered by JazzHR