Job Summary :
The incumbent performs a range of payroll activities in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with established internal controls, relevant legislation, collective agreements, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Process bi-weekly payroll in a timely and accurate manner. This may include :
2. Respond to inquiries from staff and authorized third parties in relation to payroll matters, benefit plans, collective agreement provisions, leave entitlements and payroll legislation.
3. Prepare, compile and process statistical reports, statements and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts for various third parties (i.
e. HRDC, WCB, CSB, Insurance Carrier, Union, RRSP, etc.).
4. Calculate and process retroactive payments as required.
5. Prepare regular remittances and other periodic reconciliations.
6. Assist in the preparation of T4 statements and year-end procedures.
7. Act as Payroll Supervisor as assigned.
8. Maintain electronic and manual payroll records.
9. Train staff on electronic time card process.
10. Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
11. Other related duties.
This position contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.