Reporting to the Human Resources Manager Physician and Resident Services, the HR Business Partner Physician and Resident Services, as a skilled and experienced advisor, will work directly with Physician Leaders and Medical Affairs to provide strategic and tactical HR support and guidance while translating business needs into appropriate HR strategy.
leading projects and change initiatives in the development of a supporting talent management infrastructure for physicians and residents at Hamilton Health Sciences.
The HRBP Physician & Resident Services will :
actively engaging Medical Affairs, physician leaders and physicians / residents in content, design and implementation
laws, legislation, interpretation and application.
Schedule Work HoursMonday-Fridays, Days
1. Undergraduate degree in HR or related field
2. Post-graduate diploma or certificate in Human Resources Management
3. Diploma or certification in Alternative Dispute Resolution
4. Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) and / or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) an asset.
5. Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in Human Resources generalist role
6. Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Alternative Dispute Resolution practice
7. Sound knowledge of employment law including Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act of Ontario, Ontario Labour Relations Act
8. Proven ability to interface effectively with senior leaders.
9. Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to physician leadership and influence decision based on thorough analysis.
10. Experience and technical knowledge / exposure to HR best practices in talent management, project management and change management
11. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to build trust at all levels of the organization.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-
521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process.
If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note : the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset