An exciting opportunity for Electronics Technologist, this is a permanent opportunity with Qvella Corporation located in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
Nature and Scope of Work:
The Electronics Technologist will work in a multi-disciplinary team to develop medical diagnostic technology and products. This role will provide technical engineering support during design development, verification phases of product development, manufacturing process development, and transfer to manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Assist in the analog and digital hardware design, development and verification activities.
- Responsible for board layout, schematic capture and part creation in PCB design software.
- Perform PCB populating, testing, and prototyping activities.
- Debug and modify existing boards as needed.
- Design fixtures and jigs for development and manufacturing requirements.
- Coordinate electronic hardware development activities within the product development team.
- Establish electronics specifications requirements in coordination with other disciplines within the team.
- Document electronic hardware design and development activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide support for instrument system verification and validation activities.
- Manage lab inventory, supplies, prototype parts purchase, and communicate with vendors.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience in instrument and software product development.
- At least 5 years of experience in PCB layout, circuit analysis and simulation software and methods.
- Working knowledge of PCB layout software (e.g. Altium Designer) is an asset.
- Experience with the use of test equipment (oscilloscope, signal analyser, function generator).
- Industrial experience in design and development of analog and digital electronics.
- Understanding of design development processes and design verification activities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Strong sense of individual responsibility.
- Capable of multi-tasking.
- Bachelor of Applied Science or Bachelor of Engineer in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Membership or eligibility for membership in Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) or Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) preferred.
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace, Qvella Corporation has a vaccination requirement as a condition to the offer of employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received a completed series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine, as recommended or approved by Health Canada and having received the final dose at least 14 days before your employment start date. Ongoing boosters may be required in the future as a continuing condition of employment, as they are announced by Health Canada. We will provide a full copy of our policy at the time of offer.
The candidate will be asked to provide Qvella with proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. Acceptable proof is a Ministry of Health Dose Administration Receipt. This can be obtained through the Provincial portal at https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/. We will also accept out of province vaccination records, provided they have the same information included in the Ministry of Health Dose Administration Receipt. This includes the type of vaccine, date of each dose and sufficient identification information to connect the receipt to the candidate.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Code, a request for accommodation can be made upon written proof, satisfactory to the company.
What are you waiting for? Apply Now!
Qvella is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform us of any accommodations you may require. Qvella will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR